Help needed CV cockpit rotation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XYZ, May 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. XYZ

XYZ Lieutenant

I have a problem I am unable to rotate CV cockpit in the right position. Is there anyway to update cockpit rotation for all directions, because I don't want to start to build all over again my CV. bugEmpyrion.png

2. Sounds like you built your CV upside down in regards to the original starter block directions.
    The original starter block placement determines up/down, left/right, and forwards/backwards.

You either need to use copy/paste functions in creative to paste the entire ship in the correct orientation, or you need to rebuild and keep the original starter block directions correct next time.

If you keep it as it is, obviously up and down are reversed, but your compass while flying will likely also be wrong since that is also determined by the original starter block placement.

Kassonnade likes this.
  3. XYZ

XYZ Lieutenant

so in other words the only solution is to start all over again?

4. Milarwen

Milarwen Lieutenant

Too late now but I usually
    Sounds like it. You could perhaps build it in creative and spawn it through a blueprint to speed things up?

5. Not the only option, no.
    As I mentioned before you can use the copy and paste functions in creative mode to fix the orientation of the ship.
    There was/is a video guide or two made by some members on how to accomplish it. I can't find the links though.

I believe it was basically you want to copy your ship minus the core and paste it onto a new starter block, rotating your copied ship to the correct orientations as the starter block. You might need to do it in sections.
    Then afterwards you can remove the starter block and core and place the core where you want it.

You'll probably want to use the clearpivot command afterwards too to fix any potential pivot point issues from the copy/paste.

I've never had to do all this, as I stay with the original cardinal directions, so I may not have all the details on how to do it correct. You'll have to wait for advice from someone who has actually done it.

6. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

one of them was a Spanj video

Germanicus likes this.
  7. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Don't know how you guys 'survive' the Internet but it took me only 45sec to find it...

8. It's because the only place I tried to find it was here on this site, using this sites search function, which we all know is just the best search function ever....... :rolleyes:
    I know the threads exist here. I've read them before (and even watched the video you linked). It's just that the search function on this site is the worst. I spent 15 minutes using various keywords (and even nearly exactly searched for the title of that video) and still no dice.

I honestly don't know why I even bothered searching for it here. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the video though. I'm sure it will help the OP immensely.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2021
    stanley bourdon and Germanicus like this.
  9. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

And I thought you would have finally given up on trying to search within the Forum....:p:D

10. fa_q2

fa_q2 Commander

It is worth noting, as I did not see it in the vid but I only skimmed it, that if you fix this in creative with copy paste and feed the components back into your factory as you go along your ship will be complete when you are done dismantling so you will not have to actually build anything over again at all. One copy/paste operation in creative and a few minutes dismantling and you will be able to spawn your ship back in instantly.