CV Glitch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jon Sykes, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Jon Sykes

Jon Sykes Ensign

Hi all,
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place I'm new here,
    Yesterday I had left my CV on a space station (which never docks btw), later on when I logged on I noticed none of the plants have grown in my CV even though I had power/oxygen ect, I was looking for a new place to build a new base so was travelling around Akua when the game crashed, cant remember the error as I get that many lately I didnt take note, when I restarted the game and logged back on a massive chunk of my CV had vanished along with a lot of materials, is there anything I can do to get this back?

2. Tarc Novar

Tarc Novar Commander

Is this single player, or a server? If a server, is it private, or a random server you joined?

3. Jon Sykes

Jon Sykes Ensign

Hi,

Its multiplayer on a private dedicated server,

Thanks

4. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

We've seen this issue a lot on HWS servers over the years. You can find lots of confirmed reports of it on the HWS forums. Logs have been sent to Eleon about it over the years.

Once in a while the game just loses an entire game chunk of a structure and it has to be repaired with a backup copy of the save.
    Do you happen to know the exact dimensions of the missing part?

SylenThunder likes this.
  5. Jon Sykes

Jon Sykes Ensign

Not a clue mate unfortunately, I have a picture of the Capital Vessel with the blocks missing but I wouldnt like to attempted to rebuild it, looks like I will have to dismantle it and blueprint another one

6. SifVerT

SifVerT Commander

Ask the admin if he/she can help you.

7. Balsafer

Balsafer Ensign

I have a different issue with a cv off steam called kindred Spirit. Spawned in fine but after the last jump i made with it and as i was heading down to get in the sv on the flight deck 3 blocks by the elevator is missing, i can pass through it but i can not replace the missing blocks with similar blocks from around the missing blocks. Also as GM of server im unable to delete cv with commands i found online.

8. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

If you get the ship ID number from the Statistics window (bottom corner. E.g. 1214) of the ship or using Debug Info (di) you should be able to delete the ship through the console with "destroy insert-ID#-here".
    There shouldn't be a need for "commands found online".

9. Tarc Novar

Tarc Novar Commander

While connected to the server, open the console and type "help" without the quotes. That will list all admin commands available to you. If you need to know the syntax on how to use said command, type "help [name of command]" without the quotes and brackets.

Enjoy!

10. SylenThunder

SylenThunder Commander

I've seen this a bit on my own server as well. I run a backup on structures once an hour now.

11. Balsafer

Balsafer Ensign

I figured out the delete thing but every time i build a new one they become broken