Fixed CV rocket launchers can freeze if one is destroyed during reload [7634]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Garaman, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Build: 3209
    Mode: Creative / Survival
    Mode: Single Player / Multi Player

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Weapons

Summary: If a CV rocket launcher is destroyed during the group's reload cycle, all launchers will fail to reload during the next cycle.

Description:
    If a rocket launcher gets destroyed you can end up in a state where none of the remaining launchers will fire. I have reproduced one case of this where when a rocket launcher gets destroyed during its reload cycle the next firing cycle will break. The ammunition counter will not update while firing, and once through all of the loaded rounds you will see a message stating "Ammo missing! To fire Rocket Launcher please fill 150mm H-MSL into the ammo box." However, pressing R will not initiate a reload. In this case you have to exit the cockpit and re-enter to be able to fire again, however I have had situations in both single player and multiplayer where I have had to remove and re-install a rocket launcher in order to use the launchers again. This is obviously incredibly inconvenient to do during battle.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Load the attached Creative mode save game. The CV you are in has 4 rocket launchers and plenty of remaining ammunition in the controller, and has one remaining salvo ready to fire. The left-most launcher is almost destroyed (~33 HP remaining), and there is a Zirax-factioned gun emplacement just off to the left ready to destroy it.

Enable AI and then immediately fire the last salvo. During the reload cycle the emplacement should destroy the launcher, triggering the bug. You will see a full reload value for the 4 turrets on the HUD, but as you continue to fire the number will not decrease. After you have fired the loaded rounds you will see the message pop up, as shown in the screenshot. After that, you cannot fire or reload the launchers until you exit the seat and re-enter.

upload_2020-12-29_3-5-24.png

Attached Files:

Pach likes this.