CV spawn dock at admin station

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Furious Hellfire, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

I was wondering about this for about 2 weeks now.
    We can set server to force vessel spawn on a pad only right.

This tends to sometimes force players to make big ugly out of place grey pad to get their cv off and they sometimes tend to leave the horrible looking pad behind never to be used again.
    Even then it can be tricky to spawn.

I think for starting planets would it not be better to have say a large platform connected to an admin station in orbit or on the planet that players could optionally visit to spawn their factory work.

I already figured out that if there is enough space you can spawn your factory Vessels on any public or admin structure, I spawned a sv in a village before now.

This 1 large dock would suit anyone needing to spawn a huge cv without turning half the planet surface into a platform.

Does it sound worthy?
    It is good to require a platform to spawn ones ship but for most starter purposes that huge platform is simply just one use, seems like a waste of building effort.

We acknowledge that there are friendly and enemy poi around us in this survival environment so it stands to reason we can use friendly poi to spawn vessels.

The idea does not have to be restricted to starter planets.

I know this much, if I know I can spawn my cv on a set platform elsewhere i would not go out my way to make a platform or a permanent platform on any planet for spawning craft.
    Sure might keep enough space at my base for an sv or hv spawn.

There is also the added element of players getting to meet each other at a point known for cv spawning, players can see each others ships, some players might even come to see a ship get spawned if they are aware someone is about to spawn one.
    Might even get a small queue of players waiting to spawn ships at some point.

I think the idea could promote some player interaction.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    Ronin94 and binhthuy71 like this.
  2. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Absolutly.

There are so many people using the PV bases to spawn their class 1-4 CV's.
    Anything bigger would be most welcome :p
    An as an ADM variant, it would be alot friendlier as well.

I'd like to have a plattform to spawn my class 140 CV ;) (WIP)

Furious Hellfire likes this.
  3. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@Furious Hellfire
    I like your idea a lot. Having to build a large single use pad to spawn a ship is wasteful and a bit grindy. Using the stations to spawn ships makes sense and adds value to the stations.

Ronin94 and Furious Hellfire like this.
  4. T431

T431 Captain

Coincidentally, I'm currently building a trade station/player base with a large landing pad, with that exact idea in mind.
    Can you also enable the repair bay and console for player use on admin structures? Then it'd be perfect.

5. Furious Hellfire

As far as I am aware the admin structures repair pad wont repair players vessels, same as it wont allow docking.

6. T431

T431 Captain

Well ain't that a bummer.

Sephrajin likes this.
  7. Tryst

Tryst Captain

I like the idea but the real problem is: How big should it be? There are some pretty big CV's around.

8. Furious Hellfire

Yeah ultimately some players will still have to create a big dock to spawn from as I cant really imagine how big a dock limit the dev's might consider for an admin station.

However 1 max sized dock could be with an orbital station without much ill effect I would think
    The planet if any docks exist can have smaller dock for admin station that is more suitable for large SV or HV perhaps.

binhthuy71 likes this.
  9. WAZZUUUP!

WAZZUUUP! Ensign

Greetings

Be nice if someone built a massive Admin NPC shipyard station in space that had huge bays that could be "hired" by a player for a modest fee to construct/spawn a ship of any kind or type with various facilities for storage, smelting parts construction etc and can dock to. So the player hires the bay, has all his equipment needs as far as contruction goes then just has to freight all his parts/ore to it and build. Once done to leave the station you have to abandon/cancel your bay hire.

It could spawn in space maybe a couple of worlds/system away from the starter planets so as not to have access immediately and help to give a little bit more reason to work towards going to other planets/systems.

Having such a thing in the game would also add some more evidence that your not alone in the universe. Especially if you could see other part built NPC ships there and maybe NPC freighters/ships coming and going occasionally. :D

Furious Hellfire likes this.
  10. Furious Hellfire

The only problem is, the max base size is the same as the max cv size i think. so a shipyard would probably only be able to house 1 or 2 spaces for cv building if players are building to a certain huge size as a lot do.

The idea is good but would require many shipyards and there is a performance cost to consider, this sounds like a good idea for a large mp server like HWS to be fair, they have enough activity to pull off an idea like this and see if it is viable, that is assuming they have not already got a feature similar to this :p

Ah I forget we have DSL now, I don't suppose it matters how many ship yards there may be if they are all unloaded when nobody is near them.

I wonder if @RexXxuS has any thoughts on this topic.
    If anyone could push an idea like that into play it would be him and the HWS team :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018