Fixed CVs Fly of when you turn your thrusters off and exit.

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by -AKEVA-BANSHEE-, Jan 3, 2021.

?

How many times a day as a server admin do you have to retrieve ships because of this bug?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2021.
  1. 0-5 times a day

33.3%
  2. 5-10

66.7%
  3. 10 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

-AKEVA-BANSHEE- Commander

Build: v1.3.2.3207
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Single-player & Dedicated Server

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Any
    Playfield Type: Only happens in space

Reproducibility: Very Rarely
    Severity: Major

Type: Gameplay

Summary: CVs Fly off seemingly at random. Sometimes stop sometimes just keep going. Require EAH or Console commands to warp them back to player.

Description: CVs will fly off upon leaving cockpit at 200m/s leaving player behind. This happens when you turn your thrusters off via control panel "thrusters" switch on the left side.

What I have noticed precipitating each occurrence. Turning thrusters on and off in quick succession because of a misclick or double-clicking or Turning off multiple switches in different columns.

Steps to reproduce.

Get a CV into space.
    Have an SV Docked to the ship
    Have the CV and SV be factioned to your faction Eleon Dev Team EDT "For Example"
    Be close to a POI,TradeStation or Faction base.
    Have it powered and get to 100m/s and stop
    Turn off and then on a few switches and as fast as possible hit the dismount key.

I hope this info helps find this issue. Thank you for your time.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I had this happen to me. I parked a CV near several other CVs and BAs, in orbit around a planet, and then turned off the thrusters and it began to fly away in a random direction. Logging out of the server and back stopped it. Happend on a server running reforged eden however and I couldn't figure out how to reproduce.

3. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

Come to think of it this only has happened when it is parked near a base. Whether it be a POI, Trade Station Or Faction Base. But I did have a SV docked in my hanger bay as well. I'll update the post and conditions to reproduce.

ravien_ff likes this.
  4. Durham

Durham Ensign

We had this happen to us on several occations after 1.3 was released. Hotfix (2020-12-17 v1.3.1 (Build 3199)) did not solve this problem completely.
    The first position were this happened was an defeated and destructed enemy ship, after that it was a POI as you said.

-AKEVA-BANSHEE- likes this.
  5. Garaman

Garaman Captain

My nightly routine on the Anvil RE server is herding my CVs in orbit until they all stay put. I'm at the point where I'm about to build BA fences to pen my ships in at night.

Things I've noticed on the latest patch (3209), though I recognize that all of this is anecdotal:
    • I never have ships fly off in orbit of a star
    • My space station where I park is about 4-5 km in orbit of a planet. When a CV decides to fly off, it seems to go in any direction (though thankfully, not yet toward the 4G planet from which I won't be able to retrieve it)
    • Happens with CVs and SVs at least. Had to use an SV to chase down the CV, got it back to the base, tried to park the SV and power it down and whoosh (thrusters were on in this case, I don't shut them off in SVs).
    • Along with flying off, I notice some ships drifting very, very slowly when I get out of the seat even with thrusters on. Typically these will launch away as soon as I kill the power, though these are not the only ships that fly off. Last night I spawned in a new CV above my base, shut off the thrusters, and never once got into the cockpit. As soon as I shut the power off for the night...whoosh.
      • When the ship starts the slow drift I have tried flying as far as 3 km away from my base and the planet to see if it was an interaction, but it would still drift. Sometimes a relog fixes it.
    • The ships fly away until about 3km away, and seem to stop when they drop out of rendering range. If you approach in another ship they will typically continue to move away. So far the consistent way to catch them is to get as close as you can, toggle the power to the ship back on in the registry, log out, log back in (playfield reload, I assume; I'm usually alone in my system), and then you can approach the ship.
    • I have had ships with and without docked ships fly off
    • If a CV is being problematic and I'm getting impatient, my two current workarounds are 1) dock the CV to another CV and it will stay put with power off and 2) stay in the cockpit seat when I power it off, and it will stay put.
    The Anvil RE server is currently a 1.2 world upgraded to 1.3, so that may be contributing to some of its instability. However, I have had the wandering bug appear on both existing playfields and newly-created ones. In fact, I was specifically scouting a new star and planet for a new fresh playfield to move into when this happened for the first time. My powered CV wandered off as I got out to investigate an orbital POI that I had just taken out (was very close an asteroid and probably within 2km of the planet). [Note: just checked, this last anecdote was version 3208]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    -AKEVA-BANSHEE- likes this.
  6. WolfStar

WolfStar Ensign

Just had this happen to me. Turned a CV off in space. It took off. Did the exact same thing to my other 3 CVs. All gone. Game is broken.

7. WakeAndBacon

WakeAndBacon Ensign

in US offical galactic marketplace
    i just warped to galactic market after mining with my buddy; we both froze on the lightspeed screen but said we arrived there, relogged, both still in ship; flew to base and turned thrusters off, ship sped off and my friend was in passanger seet shut off power and flew back the 30km.

then finally he got back, and turned off the thrusters which was clearly the trigger and now the ship is 205km away within a few seconds, too far to do the recall command..... this bug jsut took 3-4 hrs of mining 204km away from out little base, its out only ship presently....

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  8. WakeAndBacon

WakeAndBacon Ensign

9. WakeAndBacon

WakeAndBacon Ensign

I am playing on US official, have a small farm base in galactic market im setting up with a friend
    our ships keep flying them selves away, sometimes its only 30km but twice now it has been with CV aswell, 205km at first, and now and sv 470km away..... the cv took 2 hours to retrieve, no way im going for the sv.

we log on and a ship that was next to base is now gone, registry waypoint will show distance still. im looking up how to get ship here but is there some way of preventing this? its getting super annoying|

[​IMG]

10. WakeAndBacon

WakeAndBacon Ensign

has happened 5 times in the past 12 hours; 3 times to CV; twice to SV

11. Movado

Movado Lieutenant

This is regularly happening to me on the Official Eleon Default MP server, with my SV’s.

Here’s how it’s happening to me:
    - Take one of my CV’s, like the X-Calibur, with any of my SV’s docked to the rooftop landing pad, and Leave the solar system with these ships.
    - Do normal game activities, hunt ships, loot POI’s, explore, trade, etc.
    - Upon return to my home planet, I’ll land my CV on the landing pads that I’ve spawned.
    - Then fly my SV off the rooftop landing pad, and onto the sand, next to my base entrance. I’ve also landed this SV & docked it to a base, and that didn’t matter. It would still get repositioned.
    - Within a few minutes, that SV will be repositioned.
    - I think this is important: It is ALWAYS repositioned in the exact map location where I entered the atmosphere with my CV, upon return. However, the ship does always get moved to ground level, directly below that spot.

This issue always seems to present itself on any planet where the SV’s docking status changes. However, it does take a few minutes before the server moves the ship. It’s almost like the game remembers that the ship was undocked, but then accidentally overwrites that coordinate with the location that entered the atmosphere.

I hope this helps as this is regularly affecting both of my SV’s on the official server.

12. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

@Taelyn Please take a look at this issue again. It is clearly still happening. As there is more information added to this report have them look at again please.

Stormelite33 likes this.
  13. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Please retry this in v1.4 if you still have this issue please reply answering the following questions & if possible supply a copy of the save game with your character left in the location where this occurred:
    - Which type of ship : SV, CV, HV ?

- Is the ship switch on or off or is the ships power on but thrusters are turned off ?

- Do you turn the thrusters off before exiting the cockpit via the control panel ?

- Confirm that it is in space (not on planet) ?

- Is there a planet nearby (in space) ?

- Is there gravity generator functioning nearby ?

Darinth likes this.
  14. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

I will do my best to reproduce "again" and if possible catch it on cam. I cannot make any promises, but I will do my best.

I can answer some questions for the above report. It was a CV, No planet was nearby, No asteroid was within 2km, Several grav gens where functioning nearby, but all stations and ships where "O"d out. All grav gens where in nearby stations turned on. CV was within at least one gravity field Maybe 2. My CV did not have a grav gen installed. Ship was turned on I do not turn it off. I do turn off thrusters before exiting cockpit seat.

15. Stormelite33

Stormelite33 Ensign

got some video proof of myself in my stream @07:09:10
    www.twitch.tv/videos/897623760

16. pantheis

pantheis Ensign

That says it was 4 days ago, is this on 1.4 or 1.3?

17. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

Thrusters, Power on. No I did not turn thrusters off or even tough the control panel before leaving pilot's seat. This is in a Sun Playfield. No planets nearby, and no gravity generator nearby or installed on the ship.

Just happed three times in a row just like in the video.

Steps to replicate. Spawn a CV, Fuel it up and jump to another star. "O" out the ship and simply leave the pilot's seat. Wait a few seconds and boop It jumps away 1km to 1.5 km.

Playfields sun.
    Server:muliplayer.
    Happens in any sun playfield.

Version 1.4

18. Oakshorn

Oakshorn Ensign

After you lock to your target destination, it looks like you hit a key and suddenly your view is right on target, what key does that?
    Thank you

Kassonnade likes this.
  19. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

Oakshorn. Waypointing a destination allows to to warp to the star in the system of the waypoint without actually going to the galaxy map and locking the star. That is useful for location within jump range.

As for the video and report. I hope this issue gets fixed.

At this point I have no idea if the above issue is the same as the original one I created this report for a new one that is similar.

20. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hey thanks for that video can you trigger this 1 more time in v1.4.1 & attach a copy of the server logs & client log please ? we added a output that should show up in the logs in v1.4.1 to try track this it.

Escarli likes this.