Filed / Tracking CVs sometimes don't maintain altitude in multiplayer if not controlled [00025]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Ente, May 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Ente

Ente Commander

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build:1.8 3823
    Mode:Survival
    Mode:Coop/Dedicated Server

SERVER NAME:-
    SEED-ID:-

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:-

Reproducibility:always
    Severity:major

Type:Collision/Ship control

Summary:CVs sometimes don't maintain altitude in multiplayer if the player leaves the control seat

Description: Leaving the control seat of an CV often causes the CV to not maintain altitude and slowly sink to the ground. Obviously problematic if you are above lava. Entering a passenger seat will sometimes fix it for some time, but it may randomly start sinking again while not seated.
    Additional symptom: The ship may be bounced around by much smaller SVs while in this sinking state, doing so may also sometimes fix the issue for a short while - but may obviously leave the ship in an undesireable or even unreachable position.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Start a fresh game on Akua
    2) Spawn a CV and fuel it
    3) Take control and console telepot to Masperon (tt Masperon)
    4) Fly around a bit and leave the seat. If ship starts to sink that should be visible as the player character doing little "hops".
    5) If the bug doesn't appear, tt back to Akua and try again there, rinse and repeat until the bug occurs.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    Added the CV I used for testing.

Attached Files:

Longcut likes this.
  2. Ente

Ente Commander

Also thats not a new issue, I was however able to reproduce it on experimental, so figured I might as well post it here.

Pantera likes this.
  3. GusSilva

GusSilva Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build:1.8.8 (3864)
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Dedicated

SERVER NAME: Private
    SEED-ID: 378927

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: Yes
    Severity: Minor (Constant incidents, unpleasant to game experience)

Type: Global (?)

Summary: HV/SV slowly descends after exiting the cockpit

Description: Related thread (can't reply there, so I've created this one with TSM advice on Discord).
    You are in a SV's cockpit. If you exit it midair, the ship will slowly sink to the ground.
    The workaround is sitting on a passenger's seat and exitting it very clickly, causing this effect to stop.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Enter an SV's cockpit (Standard Refuge blueprint on my case)
    2) Fly midair and stop in an adequate position
    3) Exit the cockpit
    4) You will notice a bumping-like movement. It is actually the ship sinking to the ground.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

The reason I'm repeating this topic with a new thread is due to the fact I wanted to suggest:
    Maybe this bug is related to the spawn point of the player entity when leaving the cockpit? As simple as it may look, I hope this does comes to be useful.
    Video of the issue being reproduced with comments:

bbk.3164 and Longcut like this.
  4. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Dear developers, this problem exists even with CV !!!
    My video is exactly the anagolic !

... sometimes it happens that the sinking of the ship is very sharp, the character passes through the textures, then he is thrown back, and the character breaks his legs (!) :(

... that's what I think - sometimes, the game code is a very complicated thing ... if the settings of the underlying game engine are not properly checked, then similar problem situations can arise!
    All players are looking forward to when you can find out - WHAT IS in the game engine that causes the "ship crash" to appear?!

From myself, let me offer an alternative solution to this problem :)

Create a function == when the Player presses the "F" button and the system checks that the speed of the ship = 0, then at that moment the player "leaves the cockpit or chair", AND the function records the altitude value (when the ship is on the planet) !
    Then, when the character leaves the cockpit - the computer itself automatically maintains the current height (which was at the time the character left the cockpit)