Dawn of Galaxy Orbit EX7 space station reclaim?

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by DrakeHawkins, Jun 9, 2017.

1. DrakeHawkins

DrakeHawkins Ensign

Greetings everyone,

During the hard difficulty Maiy Orbit mission, can I reclaim the ex7 space station for myself?
    Honestly after recovering the vessel and cleaned the base of aliens, I see that due to the offline protection module is set next to the core block, I cannot reclaim it, but I wanted to know if there's a work around.

Cheers!

2. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

You might have to use the console and destroy block command on the core.

Careful though, Im not sure how that scenario is set up, the POI may regenerate, which means if you take it and put supplies there when it regenerates you will loose it all.

DrakeHawkins likes this.
  3. DrakeHawkins

DrakeHawkins Ensign

Appreciate the idea, I was hoping this could be done as part of the mission, I do hope this POI doesn't recover, destroying the teleporters again would be a real pain haha!

4. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Hey,

well as soon as you cleared the station it belongs to you so to speak.
    Offline Protection would only make sense in Multiplayer and Dawn of Galaxy was not meant for that. It is a SP scenario.
    There will be a Dawn of Galaxy II however .. :)

RexXxuS

5. DrakeHawkins

DrakeHawkins Ensign

Yeeeaaah nah actually it's not letting me destroy the core block so I just can't fully capture it and claim it as mine, so that was the issue I was facing haha

6. HippiePeaceLove

HippiePeaceLove Ensign

So, does that mean, that,
    1. I would have to use console and destroy the core in order to make it mine?
    2. It is safe to do so after I have cleared it since it is not used in further steps of the scenario?

Thanks!

7. Skavn

Skavn Lieutenant

DoG is meant to be singleplayer only? I played it in coop with a friend and we both couldn't finish the "clear cargo bay" mission from the hard start. Is there a way to advance the mission anyway? (every enemy on the station is dead I think)

8. DrakeHawkins

DrakeHawkins Ensign

1) yes, unless the owner removes the offline protection from the mission.
    2) I wouldn't be so sure as I don't know how it is configured but yeah...

Were you able to access the cargo bay? Also, as far as I understand, maybe it is required to destroy the spawners too...

9. Skavn

Skavn Lieutenant

We cleared every spawn. But it still says "Kill every alien in the cargo floor".

10. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  11. MagnusFaustus

MagnusFaustus Ensign

Can verify that the 'clear cargo bay' never ticked for me as well.. I loaded the alien core down with explosives and nuked the thing.. not a scratch...

Strange how during the fight to clear the cargo bay, I did sufficient damage to the floor to vent the room. But the moment that I went above to clear things out and get the core that things went invincible.

12. Skavn

Skavn Lieutenant

I think everything is always invincible on the station and the cargo bay outer door opens from a trigger. The core is also an admin core. :\

13. MagnusFaustus

MagnusFaustus Ensign

Ahh.. So it had nothing to do with my spamming explosives like party favors and carpet bombing the spawners when I ran low on bullets.

Shame that I can't take over the station even despite that.. I had aims to get the purple loot chest on the bridge.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  14. Ullyses

Ullyses Ensign

what was the passcode for the cargo door i can not see it in the PDA

15. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Inner door have their code written on the wall next to them in Cargo bay :)

Purple cargo box in Command bridge is easy to get, now you have clearly marked 'trap door', and actually very important for killing aliens because in it you have Epic Pistol T2.

16. tehmashby

tehmashby Lieutenant

I
    I ran into the same problem, I think an npc was ejected into space

17. dichebach

dichebach Captain

I have played this mission a few times myself and I have yet to be able to destroy the stations core, or otherwise claim it. I found this to be very disappointing; bad design in my opinion. It is almost never a good idea to breach the general internal consistency of a game, and the norm in EGS is: when you defeat a Zirax or other alien POI, you can destroy the core and claim the site as your own = scrap it or use it.

In truth, I have not tried by clearing ALL spawners yet; I left the ones in the bedrooms on the hotel deck to farm for loot and XP. However, this playthrough I will do that. I will also try the console commands to remove the Offline protection module.

Heh, funny story . . . last playthrough with this one I used "High" NPC spawn rate and the world seed code "71" (this was done with the new 7.1.1 experimental build, which I believe ups NPC spawns overall).

When I got to Maiy, I found the Havoc rescue shelter and started getting setup. At some point I decided to go out and scout out my surroundings on foot . . . there were HERDS of Lizard mules! Next thing, two or three waves of Arachnids of two to four individuals come at me! Then a spider or two . . . here comes an Oytugh . . . and that got an Alien Assassin's attention . . . I literally could not get farther than 250 meters away from the Havoc shelter on foot! I was forced to retreat to my Medic Bay and thank heavens for all the Antidote I farmed off the Zirax on the Ex-7 station. After about 10 minutes, my inventory, which had previously had only the bottom row and one additional cell with gear in it, was nearly full of loot from the dead critters.

Good times if you want a truly savage take on galactic survival. Probably a little too much for a serious play through though cause even on "Easy" NPC difficulty, the waves will overwhelm you. Finally got killed by about 6 spiders who ambushed me as I was trying to sneak out at night . . .

RexXxuS likes this.
  18. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Hi and thanks for your feedback!

Well, I would rather wonder "what was the intention by placing an admin core into the station?".

By doing that I prevent people from getting very good loot straight at the beginning. It would take away the need to go to the planet. It would take away the need to discover and learn things the "survival / proper" way. The sub goal with this scenario was to teach people common basics.
    It would be also not logical regarding the whole story line, waking up in a neutral station, overrun by aliens.

I tried to compensate the "get loot" factor by setting up each container properly with loot.

Keep in mind that a scenario is not the "norm of EGS". It is a story you play with given rules or guides.
    All I can say is: everything was made by design.

However I will take your feedback and improve from there. Thanks.

Also regarding the difficulty since on Hard it seems too hard for some people.

RexXxuS

dichebach likes this.
  19. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Well don't take offense RexXus :p, On the whole it is a FANTASTIC scenario; I love it! It is just that . . . an indestructible de-fanged enemy space stations up there in orbit in Maiy is like dangling raw meat to a velociraptor, but just out of reach! :D

If any attempts to do any damage to any block in the space station had prompted a popup window that said: <<This space station is set to be indestructible for design reasons. No point in trying to harm it, reclaim it, or scrap it.>> I'd be less disappointed.

I expected that you had reasons to design it that way, and I can respect that. I'm not certain that agree with the imperative to prevent the player from looting the station, but I can go along with it for the sake of argument. I mean after all . . . one can also take out a PoI or a freighter for just about the same amount of effort and then loot those and have about net the same amount of loot . . . maybe less but overall the point is: the overarching norm in the game is, you take out PoIs and then you get to reap the rewards.

Okay so, an idea if you want to stick with keeping the station "unlootable" (which is fine, even if I wouldn't necessarily design it that way myself) and don't like the "You can't loot this station . . . " popup. I'm not certain how much could be done in the externalized assets that we users have access to . . . some ideas:

Give the core to that station 100x hit points; take away whatever settings currently make the station invincible. Set up a scripted popup screen that initiates when the core takes >1 damage, and with the "alarm klaxon sound."

<<Warning! Warning Will Robinson! The Zirax home base has been alerted that the Ex-7 station is under attack. A MASSIVE Zirax response fleet is on the way. We REALLY need to get out of here NOW!>>

Then script in waves of enemy ships that are effectively unbeatable and include marines that empty out and enter the cargo/core area . . .

More complicated I'm sure, but an idea.

ADDIT: and I want to reiterate: Overall, a FANTASTIC scenario! Brilliant work!

I'm guessing you are an old "System Shock 2" player? Not sure, the scenario kinda gave me vague allusions to that game. The design of the station is both beautiful, functional, and believable--quite possibly the best structure I've seen in the game. The mobs and the "guided tour" structure of the scenario are excellent (I did bumble a bit to figure out where the cargo level was and the codes and such, but that is actually a _good_ thing for a scenario to have a tad bit of puzzle and mystery to it). Even on "Hard" NPC spawn rates but with "Easy" Difficulty, the NPCs on the station were doable but challenging. The loot and the need to hunt around the collect stuff, all excellent game design!

It was just that: here I was slowing undressing her, the anticipation building that "this whole vessel will be MINE!" and then I get to the core and shoot it and nothing . . . a peck on the cheek and she left me standing at the door empty handed :(

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    RexXxuS likes this.
  20. dichebach

dichebach Captain

@RexXxuS: some more feedback on that scenario and how the changes in the 7.1.1 update may impact it.

I have not found any promethium pellets despite having cleared levels 1, 2 and 3 and looked in every container I could see. One needs about 100 of to complete one of the mission milestones "Create 10 rockets . . ." If memory serves there is some either in the cargo level or the Ex-7 Explorer, though I don't think it amounts to 100 pellets.

Not a problem for many but a player who was playing it for the first time and trying to follow the mission milestones might get confused. Not a big issue at this point, but something to look at prior to it becoming the default alpha build.

RexXxuS likes this.