Deactivate for More Internal Systems

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shadex Demarr, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Shadex Demarr

Shadex Demarr Lieutenant

When a player logs off for the night or a few days they will want to leave the grow plot lights on for their plants. This is however extremely difficult to keep up with fuel wise because of forced power drains like the detector which eats 320PU every hour. Heaven forbid you can only play once a week or so because all of your plants are going to be long dead unless you turn your CV into basically a flying gas can. Yes you can build a base with solar but since the Workshop is filled with CV designs bristling with grow plots evidently enough players want to be able to grow on the go to warrant this question.

I hear lots of make sensors and switches and efficiency... ahuh. I have gone into creative and spawned many of the most popular CVs on the Workshop and in each case I have gone line by line and manually shut down everything not involved in keeping the plants alive so basically a couple lights pulling 5PU an hour. Even with 100% fuel you will get maybe 24 hours before your ship shuts off.

Now this could be rectified by adding active/deactive switches to a lot more internal systems like the detector that way we can shut off their power consumption when we are not online. This would also help a great deal until the current bug in the game where fuel consumption is completely messed up when logging off and on in inactive playfields.

We would really appreciate this addition, thank you.

ravien_ff likes this.
  2. xtended2l

xtended2l Commander

Agree on more options to turn off devices. Moreover I think we need everything toggleable. Most CV's eat like 2-3k power with everything turned off, that is insane, I dont want all this repair station, detector, seats, containers, etc. to be turned on while I am offline. The only thing everyone needs is a fridge and growing lights if you have a farm.

Tbh, because of that, I forgot the "CV farm" idea. I create a big farm somewhere, collect a couple of hundreads of MRE packs and then start travelling. That gave me the ability to turn off entire ship, instead of messing with "power saving" mode switches and circuits.