Fixed Death before landing [7857]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Leon the Log, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Leon the Log

Leon the Log Ensign

When starting on a frozen planet via the Escape Pod, if the weather is hail, then you die before you land.
    Restarting has the same effect until the hail has stopped

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Vanilla game -no Scenario, yes?
    If Vanilla than that's rather bad luck with the start. Could be seed related. I started there 2 Days ago and had at least the first 3 Days fine weather.

3. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

had that happen to me with some friends I was playing with, could very well be just a multiplayer thing on a dedicated server.

You can actually survive if you use the heal potions but after landing...aye....it gets interesting!

4. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Obvious fix here is that you shouldn't take any damage in the escape pod, period. There's no reason you should be taking damage in the first seconds of the game with no real viable way to mitigate it.

stanley bourdon and Pear78 like this.
  5. Agreed. They should make the escape pod act as a sealed and temp regulated structure while the player is inside it.
    I mean, you entered the planets atmosphere in the damn thing. If it wasn't sealed you would have burned to death on planet entry after all.
    It should be capable of regulating the players temperature until you crash land (at which point it can be damaged and no longer sealed).

stanley bourdon and Ambaire like this.
  6. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

As I understand it...the Character INSIDE the Pod is like being Part of the Pod, just as if sitting in enclosed Cockpit. So, everything that hits the Pod on the outside Hull transfers all damage to the Character inside...:rolleyes:

7. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Please add a savegame with this game start OR when you died, after respawn open the console and type in 'stats' and after execution, also 'difficulties' > plz make a screenshot of the info popping up and append to this ticket. Thx!

Germanicus likes this.
  8. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Any new updates here?

9. I'm assuming they were in MP where it isn't a guarantee that you will have good weather when you start, therefore setting up the possibility for this to happen.

If you join MP for the first time and the weather is bad enough to be outside your safe temp level then you can definitely have this happen before you hit the ground in the escape pod.

Especially if it's hail on the planet, where you will potentially freeze and also take damage from the hail while falling.

10. basingleton

basingleton Commander

It happens on planets where the planet is setup to be not breathable, but the yaml is incorrect and says that your difficulty level does not get a basic (or any) armor that has O2 built in. This happened because of my own mistake (not wanting the starter to have breathable so I changed it to no), but I forgot to change the starting equipment.. (this was SP btw).

But, I don't think the character should take any damage while inside the pod, because escape pods are designed to protect the traveler, not kill them.. just a thought. So I agree, simple fix.. disallow any damage to player until they land.

Germanicus likes this.
  11. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    A fix for this will be available in one of the next releases.

byo13 and Germanicus like this.