Deco Items

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Urzah, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Urzah

Urzah Ensign

I understand modding is not really supported yet as the game is still alpha, but I am not looking to make anything that "functions" or changes the way the game plays.

What I would love to be able do is create additional decorative items. Has anyone created new blocks? I can create a model in blender, but would like to know how to turn that model into something I can place in game.

Can anyone share some insight or a link that could point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

2. hoxer

hoxer Commander

There's no official supported way of implementing custom models. So you'd have to push them pretty hard in there. As far as I know the code is currently pretty well locked down with little to no way of modding

3. David Hollis

David Hollis Commander

Indeed, modding is, as yet unsupported but, there's a long development road ahead and, once the gameplay is nailed down, who knows, the Dev team may well open up to Modders so, stay tuned :)

vinurd likes this.
  4. Sir Winston

Sir Winston Lieutenant

Perhaps if you create the model/block you would like to have added and sent it to the devs, they would be inclined to incorporate it; after all, once the modeling work is done on a decoration, all that's left is to make it a game artifact, right?

That's not to say people should dump hundreds of images and stuff on the devs, but I'm sure a few suggestions wouldn't hurt.

5. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

Ask Rexxus or Jascha, awhile back I saw some screenshots they posted with gold used as a block texture... Or something like that.