Dedicated Server Information and links involving How to's and Editors / management tools.

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Keith Hovey, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

This is a collection of links I have had going on for some time now to help keep track of forum threads as well as tools related to the Empyrion Dedicated Server. I hope this helps some people :) I know that tracking this stuff down can be tedious. Let me know if there are things I have left out or if you have any questions I may be of some assistance with!

Empyrion Server config information and Links:

Server setup Using SteamCMD - Click Here

Server Setup Video with some good explanations Youtube Link - Click Here

Port forwarding Information - Click Here

Port forwarding By router - Click Here

Windows Firewall Configuration - Click Here

Empyrion Dedicated Server Troubleshooting Forum - Click Here

Server tools, Commands, and Administration:

Nitrado Epyrion Administration Commands - Click here

Unknown Skies in game Command List - Click Here

~Information about replaceblocks command~

Notepad ++ Download Link - Click Here

Empyrion Admin Helper and Empyrion Playfield Generator tools can be downloaded from this link - Click here

• If you change anything to do with playfield wipes, autominer, or chatbot commands its always a good idea to restart the tool so that changes take effect immediately.
    • Autominer is VERY configurable
    • Read the documentation carefully. These tools are improved constantly.
    • There is a forum for bug reporting and help related to the Admin Helper! Click Here.
    • There is a forum for bug reporting and help related to the Playfield generator! Click Here.
    • Virtual Auto Miners PDF (applies to our server but has some important calculations and CB: commands) 7/1/17 - Click Here

Empyrion Playfield Designer can be downloaded @ Click Here

• Any time there are revisions to the game use this tool cautiously.
    • Visit the forum before you use this tool as the game is in alpha and the tool has to update often as changes occur.
    • Report bugs or problems to the forum in the link provided above.
    • This tool can randomly generate playfields but i am unaware of how well it really does.

Empyrion Random Playfield generator can be used at the website in this link. Click Here

• The link provided above leads to the forum the software publisher manages it from.
    • The Generator as of 6/25/17 was not generating ready to use yaml files consistantly. You will need to edit the creature counts, amount of spaws, and counts of basically EVERYTHING to use anything it generates.

Turn a cv into a base - Click Here for original post by Arturius1967

Xango's Command tool - Click Here

Telnet Scripting Tool - Website: Click here Application: Click Here More explanation: Click Here

Telnet using VBS - Sys admin web site - Click Here

Terrain generator Link and Documentation (what I can Find). Docs - Click Here (Needleship), Link to generator download and forum post - Click Here

Yaml File Editing:

Customizing Solar Systems - Empyrion Wiki link - Click Here

Customizing Orbits and Planet positions - Forum Link - Click Here

Bolt Hole calculator that helps in Making coordinates that follow orbit lines or a round pattern easier - Click Here

Custom Planets by Vexray - Click Here

Vexrays Planet creation spreadsheet (a little outdated) - Click Here

Empyrion's yaml files are a little complicated but with a little learning you can change everything about a planet. This section is dedicated to helping explain the empyrion yaml files.

Some security help that needs additional suggestions:

Track Windows Firewall Activity - Click Here

6 Tips for Fighting DDoS Attacks - Click Here

Home router security improvements - Click Here

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Ephoie, Thoder and Kassonnade like this.
  2. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

Instead of that stuff being in 20 different places, any chance you could add your knowledge to the official Wiki, or send @Hummel-o-War your write-ups or tutorials. Not trying to steal your thunder, but at this stage, the more consolidated and up to date that info is, the better for everyone.

SixxGunZ likes this.
  3. SixxGunZ

SixxGunZ Commander

the link for the Virtual Auto Miners PDF - is the same link for turning a base/HV/SV into a CV. Can you update that or post that link here by chance? Unless thats the PDF for EAH's tool, otherwise i would just point ppl to the EAH forum link.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    Captain Jack II likes this.
  4. Captain Jack II

Time to organize this ****. Somebody make an up to date repository. Not it.

5. SixxGunZ

SixxGunZ Commander

Agreed, sadly everything is so spread out with everyones different lists posted on differnt sites, most outdated but I really wish some of these modders would share the source code so we could have a crack at customizing it. I know its a sensitive subject but it would really be nice.

Captain Jack II likes this.
  6. Captain Jack II

To be honest, most of it's not even "modding", in the classic sense. The game allows for content creation... and it integrates with the Steam workshop. So, the potential is obvious. The tools we use might be... "mods" but not all of them. Some parse and markup text files.

7. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Thats why we are slowly doing this all there then creating a post here thats formatted a bit better. We have been learning so much lately and all of it takes a considerable amount of time because the documentation is either super spread out or non existent. Its all about consolidation in the end but there is just so much information and it all has to be verified before we can add it.

8. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Im basically assembling a list of information right now to get everything into one place. Once I do I will either make a forum post with everything in it or just start documenting this stuff out onto our pages. I have yet to list all of the YAML stuff yet as i need to find more information AND add in what we have learned.

9. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

I fixed that but the information might not be very helpful as most of it pertains to our server. There is a link to the main EAH forum which links the web site that has documentation.

10. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

*BUMP*