Deployable Sentry Gun

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Whyuhaftobemad, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Whyuhaftobemad

Whyuhaftobemad Ensign

As the title suggests, it would be a nice addition for the player to have an option of unlocking and building a small sentry gun they can carry and deploy while looting.

-The player can unlock a basic projectile sentry gun and have the ability to drop 2 of them.
    -The player can unlock more powerful sentry guns, such as minigun, shotgun, rocket and plasma. But only be able to drop 1 of them.

I think it fits in the universe of the game. Having warp and shield capable space faring vessels, it wouldnt be a long shot for the UCH of developing these sentry guns. The more powerful sentry guns use rare ores to create and also the player would have to carry ammo for them. You can even make it so the player would have to find a part to create them, like the auto miners. Saying all of this, I only play single player and think it just would add more to the fun of single player. Thanks

mevolu likes this.
  2. xtended2l

xtended2l Commander

Sounds familiar. I bet you came from 7DTD community :)
    If your turret would need a constant energy support, like it works for portable collectors + additional slots for ammo - then it sounds good.

Whyuhaftobemad likes this.
  3. Whyuhaftobemad

Whyuhaftobemad Ensign

Hahaha yea I have played 7dtd and enjoyed it and also a few other games like deep rock galactic that use it as well. I always found them to add to the experience and think it would do the same here.

4. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Come to think of it, you can design one of these yourself:

Take a HV/SV core, add a generator, fuel tank, ammo box, plop a turret on top of it and boom...queue it up in your workshop when you go into a POI, this small of stuff should only take a few minutes to construct. When you are done with the POI, or are at a place you wish to work, deploy it on the ground. This way you can design it however you see fit.

5. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

6. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

Thanks. You're better at posting these things than I am.

I just re-read that discussion from a year ago. While I make great use of my portable turrets, I still think a "packable" sentry gun, a reprise of the original sentry gun or minigun would be ideal, is still a worthwhile addition.
    2016-02-23 (3).png 2016-06-23 (10).png

My opinion on what to do about spamming and such still goes.

Kassonnade likes this.