PLZ Retest and Re-Report "Destroyed Small Vessel" not docked on reload

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Casey, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Casey

Casey Lieutenant

Build: v1.5.3 3390
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: Singleplayer
    SEED-ID: 59757

If Applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Object Interaction Bug

Summary: A docked "Destroyed Small Vessel" is not docked to the CV when game reloaded

Description: A docked "Destroyed Small Vessel" is not docked to the CV when game reloaded

Steps to Reproduce:

Setup: Have a CV with a Hangar Door. Find a "Destroyed Small Vessel" POI. Put a core into the "Destroyed Small Vessel", claiming it as your own ship. Park the "Destroyed Small Vessel" inside the CV. Make sure "Destroyed Small Vessel" docks. Add a cloning station to the CV and make the CV home.

Reproduce Bug: Take on a Battle Cruiser. Let the Battle Cruiser disable the CV and the allow the Cruiser to kill the player. Respawn at the CV. Fix the CV enough to turn on power and try to escape. Press forward. A message appears indicating there is an undocked ship inside your ship and you can't move.

Reason for Major severity: Before finally realizing the "Destroyed Small Vessel" was the problem, the Battle Cruiser had basically destroyed my CV. I should have been able to escape with the first attempt, where there was only minor damage to the CV. Luckily I had backed up my game the previous night. Lost 8 hours of gameplay due to this bug.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, and other Relevant Information or Download links:

Germanicus likes this.