CURRENTLY not reproducible Devices disappear, yet still there in menu

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by MrBalll, May 16, 2019 at 9:37 PM.

1. MrBalll

MrBalll Ensign

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Single player

Reproducibility: Unable (Seems Random)

Severity: Minor

Type: Devices

Summary: Devices disappear from base, but are still usable.

Description: In my garden room I had five fridges and two food processors disappear when I came back from my base. I opened the P menu and all devises are still listed and still usable. The space the devices occupied is now empty(can walk around in it), yet devices are still usable.

Steps to Reproduce: I really can't as it has randomly happened twice. Once when coming back from the moon and once after collecting ores a few map 'squares' away from my base.

2. robchatc35

robchatc35 Commander

Exactly same is happening to me. Went about 2 kilometre from base. 20190517124450_1.jpg 20190517124348_1.jpg

3. CHAR

CHAR Lieutenant

This bug exists from 9.6, usually returning after a restart.

4. MrBalll

MrBalll Ensign

Interesting. I've never had that bug before 10, but good to know.

5. Evolvei

Evolvei Commander

Same, came back to SV parts of SV invisible, went back to base parts of base invisible.
    After restart everything back to normal.

Single Player randomly happens.

6. Zaflis

Zaflis Commander

I too had that in exp 10, 1 cargo container and door disappeared when i flew back to base. I could access the container from control panel though. I reloaded the save and everything looked normal again. After that it hasn't bugged since, i have flown back lots of times.

There was one unnormal thing i had done with that base before though:
    Since it wasn't a base created with my core, it was the SP starting wreck that could be used as home. But it had an invisible player spawner that i wanted to remove, and i did... not sure if right way. I had to know where the spawner was so i toggled its hud name on. Then when i digged a block under the spawner away, it crashed down and got destroyed i think, except the hud name didn't. After reload it was gone though, and i'm in this "fake?" belief that base was still ok. But the spawner itself was unsalvageable so i had no option but to crash it.

Edit: Another incident today when i came back to CV that was waiting me at the orbit. It was missing 1 cannon turret, 1 fuel tank and 1 oxygen tank. At that time this bug didn't even come to mind, i thought maybe i had some combat with it before. But now after longer time of playing and that CV docked at my home it has all the parts back. (And no, i don't have a repair platform.)

Last edited: May 19, 2019 at 1:16 AM