Diplomacy settings for turrets

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Lord Ganjanoof, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Lord Ganjanoof

Lord Ganjanoof Commander

Yes, because turrets are supposedly doing what you could be doing by yourself.
    But no.

I don't like the current filters for turret action. There is no filter for factions. I mean, I could want to befriend a faction that is unfriendly and prefer to avoid combat. What ? the bloody turret will shoot anyway.

Also, when I was peacefully harvesting wood in the jungle... well, did not notice I entered Talon territory... I suppose I went unfriendly or so, then the turrets decided to kill a squad of Talon. Yeah, great.
    That's how you ruin hours of gameplay because of a dumb automated behaviour that should be configurable. Reverted to yesterday's backup, not because I was not cautious, but because it is poorly designed.

Please add a faction filter to the turret automation menu.

Cheers !

bluemax151, Captain Howdy and Ambaire like this.
  2. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I like turrets like these (at 2:50)...

3. Captain Howdy

Captain Howdy Ensign

Go away! 'Batin'!

Kassonnade likes this.
  4. Captain Howdy

Captain Howdy Ensign

I
    I LOVE this idea. We REALLY need some "diversity" on turret targeting. As things stand, the targeting systems are rather primitive, clunky and uninspired. It feels like they did not even TRY to make it interesting or easy to use. Also, one should be able to re-target turrets without going into the P menu. Anyone whom has ever used any kind of weapon in real life or had military service of ANY kind would laugh at how re-targeting is done in this game. Turrets in this game were def designed by someone that knows NOTHING about weapons or weapon systems in real life. The interface, controls, and options for the turrets; like targeting, are absolute rubbish.