Direction Of PDA

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Paul Emp, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Paul Emp

Paul Emp Lieutenant

I am sorry if this is the wrong place for this or if this is repeating a question asked earlier. I have been unable to find anything here so far on this subject...

Can someone tell me the direction of the PDA? The functionality of it has been deteriorating as newer versions are released. Is this because the new PDAC System will ultimately replace the .yaml?

I assumed the latter but after studying the code and the examples it seems that the PDAC system is really just a way to augment base attack scenarios.

The specific functionality I am referring to is the lack of ability for the PDA to sense the inventory of the player correctly. For example, the player is tasked with holding iron ingots, copper ingots, and silicon ingots in their inventory. The Action is satisfied if only one of these items is contained in the inventory. NeedOne or NeedAll make no difference.

The main frustration is that previously scenario writers could specify a count of an inventory item as well. For instance the player needs 4 varon roots. Now there is no way to make an action dependent on a number of items. The PDA can't tell the difference between 1 or 999 of the item.

if this is the wrong place for this please tell me, but most of all I would just like some clarification on the above issues. I would like to know how to plan future content for players on my server.

Thank you.

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

pda.yaml wont be replaced