PLZ Retest and Re-Report Disappearing and Reappearing Destroyer

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Fisch050, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

Well this stinks!!! I was out mining asteroids, when I saw a Zirax Imerat Class Destroyer a few miles off (I use the Imperial system, even though it is uneven and inconsistent. When will weapons have their distances measured in feet instead of meters?). I jumped into my non-shielded, starter capital vessel, intending to flee. I looked for it, but it had completely disappeared! I looked all over, pinged several times, searched where it had been moments before, and couldn't find it. At all.

So, I didn't leave.

Then all of a sudden, and several minutes later than the 2 miles would have taken, it suddenly reappeared, shooting at my non-shielded started CV! Kaboom! No more CV, no more me! That's bogus! Not fair! Not good!

And now Empyrion is stuck in a loading loop. I haven't tried rebooting my PC yet, but right now, Empyrion is not loading, and my game is not loading. Not that I have much of a game left.

Build: 1.1.7
    Mode: Single player
    Mode: Akua scenario, in the sector of the zascosium planet

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: Haven't tried.
    Severity: Catastrophic. It probably killed my game entirely.

Type:

Summary: Disappearing and reappearing destroyers ruin the game. No ships have cloak ability, so they shouldn't disappear!

Description: See above

Steps to Reproduce: No idea

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

This is messed up. I was able to get Empyrion to restart, and then I loaded the game. After a few attempts, I was able to slip into god mode before being shot by the destroyer. And the two drones that appeared as well. I eventually shot out the core of the destroyer, but it took a very long time (I used a plasma cannon). I did not clip through the walls of the ship properly. I would get stuck on the walls. Once I finally took out the ship, the multi-tool didn't work on it correctly. Hit points did not decrease, although the items did eventually disappear. Also, it seemed like the beam was hitting an invisible wall about 6 inches in front of me. It was very difficult to use the multi-tool on anything. I eventually gave up. Maybe the save corrupted now. I don't know. I have never seen anything like this. The whole destroyer seemed weird.

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you attach the save game you are using where this happened ?

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

Germanicus likes this.
  5. rtracy

rtracy Ensign

I've seen both of these things happen. The Destroyer is still there, and you can see it on the map, but it does not appear in screen. I have had the plant problem too. I believe it is related to where explosions have happened on the ground from drones attacking. happens in both vanilla and reforged. Happens more in reforged when they use the bomb drop drones. I've also seen huge swaths of land disappear that you can actually fall into, although more rare. The other problem I have is when I attack some POIs, they just disappear. I can capture a Zirax Sunat Corvette and everything is fine, but most of the freighters and the Imirat Destroyer disappear after placing a core. Very frustrating after like a 3 hours battle it just disappears. Didn't even get to loot the rare containers.