Filed / Tracking Discovery property for POIs does not work [7828]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Fenra369, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Mode: Survival, Freedom mode
    Mode: Singleplayer, Dedicated Server

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: POI Property

Summary: Discovery property for POIs does not work

Description: The discovery: false property for POIs does not prevent users from getting xp from discovering a POI. This applies to building and small vessels

Steps to Reproduce: Apply Dicovery property to a POI, and in a game, move to said POI. You get a notification of discovering the poi, as well as xp.

Can provide playfield file on request.

2. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

This still occurs, not sure if I misunderstand the property, but it still gives xp to people.

3. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Updating this again, because there is no traction on it. The issue here pertains more to SV/HV/CV POIs which are configured as _Player types, as opposed to _Admin or _Alien types. My expectation is a SV_Player is pretty much the equivalent of spawning a SV via sbp, but this is not the case. The game treats these entities as POIs in the sense that they are always treated as "discovered", moreover, they are never given HUD markers via the detector. They always seem to be 'rediscovered' when the playfield they existed on resets as well, which is problematic for my scenario. This is true even if the player owns said POI and moved it out of the reset playfield.