PLZ Retest and Re-Report Docked ships desync issue

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by J-M v2.5.5, Mar 6, 2022.

1. J-M v2.5.5

J-M v2.5.5 Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: v1.7.7 current
    Mode: Default Multiplayer
    Mode: Dedicated Server

SERVER NAME: Eleon Game Studios - Official Vanilla Server
    SEED-ID: <have to look this up>

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: N/A

Reproducibility: Rare, if at all possible
    Severity: Pretty serious, fam

Type: Desync issue with docked ships upon changing playfield

Summary: Two HVs and an SV got merged into my CV and another SV which was seemingly fine, now has no collision

Description: I went from Tasto Sector to Tasto, flying a CV with two SVs and two HVs docked. Upon entering Tasto, my game lagged out severely. So much so that I had to manually quit the game, restart and rejoin.

Due to cruise mode, back in the game I noticed my CV had flown all the way to the planet's surface. I got the CV upright and noticed that both HVs and one SV were partially merged into the CV ceiling. Brad Chadley offered to help getting them unstuck.

I entered the cockpit of the HV which seemed least sunk in and upon turning on the power and trying to move, it fell through the ceiling, into the interior of the CV (grow plot area, so not a hangar, so still an undesired position).

I then went to one of the two SVs that didn't merge with my CV, entered it and figured I'd fly around a bit. I then noticed this particular SV could fly through solid objects -- the ground, my CV, a nearby drone base that was disabled.

Brad asked me to report this. Now going back to the server (it was restarting) to get the vessel IDs.

Edit:
    CV: 275192
    HV #01 that sank: 670206
    HV #02 that sank: 670207
    SV that sank: 128114
    SV that has no collision: 817227

Edit #02:
    Server restart fixed the no collision problem on 817227.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Not applicable
    2)
    3)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: Brad Chadley kindly offered to help me and then witnessed with his own eyes how I was able to fly my SV "Adv. Corvus" through terrain.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022