Fixed docked ships on CV - move/glitch through [7108]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Guardian44, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Guardian44

Guardian44 Commander

Version: current Version
    Type: Multiplayer
    Settings: PvE, Volume & Mass active

Players reported that docked ships to the CVs, get lost during travel. Or on logout.

Players reportet, that after logout and login, the docked ships moved inside on his CV to the side.
    The ships moved so far from their docking position, so that they glitched into walls, floors etc.

Players reportet, that they docked the SVs onto the CVs, travelled and when they were about to use their SVs, they were suprised that they have been gone.

When i was asked, to look for those ships, i found them scattered around their travel paths.

We checked, setting all ships to private and to faction as well, still from time to time ships are lost.

2. Guardian44

Guardian44 Commander

this can look like this.

my guess, this happens because the CV was not straight aligned to the ground.

[​IMG]

3. boo

boo Commander

it appear lot of time when the server is laggy and when you set off the brake of the cv .... when you warp...

previous alpha, this bug was here ...

4. Gillwin

Gillwin Lieutenant

Not sure if this is related but I find my ships move around when docked to my cv and I warp. Often the ship becomes partially embedded into the cv. This happens to both my svs and CBS when docked to my carrier cv

5. ExPLiCiT

ExPLiCiT Ensign

I concur. This is frustrating that I have to cb:getshiphere daily to get them unstuck.

6. Gillwin

Gillwin Lieutenant

Here is a picture of what i face just about everytime i warp. All my ships sink into the main CV. If you look at the landing gear you can see they are into the CV block. This happens to all my ships i dock to the CV

Attached Files:

7. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Not sure if related, but I just lost 3 HVs from my CV (Not sure when, I only noticed them missing when I went back into the hangar to use one of them for mining after I had been using an SV for raiding for a few hours.

There was no warping involved in this case. In fact the CV had been left at my base (docked to the base). This was in single player as well.

I found icons for the missing HVs at the south pole of the planet, but nothing there when teleporting to them (map click teleport).
    If I try to set waypoint as the actual ships (ie set a waypoint by clicking on the item on the map), then the waypoint get set as where the ships are supposed to be - ie in my CV which is up near the equator.

I hunted through some game data files and found some text files that had their names and ship IDs in (in Shared), so tried destroying them from console - doesn't work either. Exit/Reload doesn't change anything either, so I guess I have 3 zombie HVs buried probably several km under the south pole.

BTW, if I enable map click teleport, and teleport to them, I end up under the south pole by a couple of hundred meters.

'ents -all' command suggests the missing ships are proxies whatever that means.

Follow-up:

I managed to recover all 3 of them using the entity -move console command. They were all still in docked state after moving them.

For anyone who needs this:
    use the following commands:
    find 'ship-name'
    This will yield info about the ship including its Id.
    Now click map near yourself and note your full x, y, z coordinates, then use:
    entity Id -move x, y, z

The ship should get moved to where you clicked on the map. It may end up buried in the ground, is so, add a small fudge factor to one or more of the coordinates and move it again until its free.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  8. Next time try getting their ID #'s and using the undock console command on each one. It should undock them and they will 9/10 times pop back to where they should be. It will undock them and make them physical objects again.
    I've seen this bug before.

Travis9x likes this.
  9. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

^ Will try that if it happens again - ta.

krazzykid2006 and Germanicus like this.
  10. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Is there any reliable steps to make this trigger ?
    I haven't been able to make it trigger to look into it.

Germanicus likes this.
  11. Gillwin

Gillwin Lieutenant

@Pantera are you referring to the lose of ships or the fact that the ships are sinking into each other? The ships sink into each other every time I warp.

12. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    @Gillwin sinking ships is what I mean.
    After trying for a while over the past few days the issue reported in the OP hasn't triggered.

Germanicus likes this.
  13. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

I just found this on HWS a small SV parked on the roof of my CV had moved to the rear of the CV 1 block embedding in that block. I was forced to remove blocks of the CV to get to the SV.

I do not know when this happened. I had parked than made 1 warp jump to another planet than a warp to a wormhole than from the wormhole to my home planet.

14. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

HWS 11_2020-01-24_21-42-35.png
    this is before the incident
    HWS 11_2020-01-24_21-06-47.png
    additional screenshot, you can see the ship partly in the elevator shaft
    HWS 11_2020-01-24_22-57-07.png

this is not fun

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  15. I see that you play on HWS servers. You don't need to disassemble to get them unstuck.
    First find the ID # of the embedded ships.
    Open the command console and use the command, undock ID#of ship
    Then once it's undocked and you are within 200 meters (move away from the ship to a free space) use the server chat command, cb:getshiphere:ID

So let's say the ID of the ship is 1234
    First console command window and then enter undock 1234
    Then chat window and command cb:getshiphere:1234

stanley bourdon likes this.
  16. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

thank you

krazzykid2006 likes this.
  17. Very welcome.
    If you ever have this in single player then you still use the undock concole command, but you won't have the chat command to move it. Instead you would use the setposition console command for the second command (which is what that server chat command actually does under the hood.)

18. Gillwin

Gillwin Lieutenant

This seems to be happening to alot of people. Happens to just about every time I warp. Yesterday it happened to an sv I had docked to an sv. Usually it was only happening to sv docked to cv

19. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

it worked great
    thank you

ships back to docked on the roof we shall see how long this lasts
    HWS 11_2020-01-25_15-43-46.png

krazzykid2006 likes this.
  20. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

Docked ships are still moving around. Any playfield change that goes poorly seams to cause it.
    when I went into the console to undock one of the ships in proportion to use get ship here i saw the line about HWS_sammy
    HWS 11_2020-01-28_17-34-40.png
    after 2 bad transitions, this is the position of the ships glitched into the hull of the CV
    HWS 11_2020-01-28_16-49-14.png
    the position after one bad transition
    HWS 11_2020-01-28_15-22-19.png

still not fun
    but much better with the help of krazzykid2006