Fixed Dragging blocks no-longer works as intended. [7854]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by -AKEVA-BANSHEE-, Jun 26, 2021.

1. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

-AKEVA-BANSHEE- Commander

Build:3389 (since 1.5)
    Mode: Creative/Survival
    Seed: Any
    Severity: Minor
    Reproducibility: Intermittent

Type:Blocks/Building/SV/HV/CV/BA
    Description: See attached Video link.

Step to reproduce: See attached Video link.

Happens after re-loading of game/playfield or rejoining server when you go to modify an existing /SV/HV/CV/BA

To be clear as soon as I click to attach the first block to to start and drag blocks the LMB is held down.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    Garaman likes this.
  2. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

It works perfectly fine to me. Even with combination of Ctrl and Shift. I can drag blocks as far as I want reaching the game limit of course and using all the available blocks in my tool bar. Check your mouse, or your technique aca orientation and facing in 3D while you build. Your video, if I am correct just shows that you do not point at the installed block's face while pressing click to hold it in order to start dragging.

Of course only if I was there on your PC using your mouse could tell for sure. But on my PC block placing by dragging works fine.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

This is a bug I have been seeing for awhile now. Tried everything I know to fix it, New game, respawn BP, Clear caches, restart PC, verify Files etc. It often still happens after I do all of these. Then at random stops again the next day. Its a minor bug and I am sure its not my mouse or keyboard. Just trying to shed some light on it.

4. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

If we are talking about the same thing, just do not rush things and point the cursor to the right place before start to lay multiple blocks. Maybe it is just an engine limitation. We will see.

5. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

To be clear as soon as I click to attach the first block to to start and drag blocks the LMB is held down. I have to then look away and then look at that same spot again before it will actually start to drag the blocks. That's why the camera is going back and forth soo much.

I have been building for months. I am not new to this game and I would think I would know if there was an issue. Try and keep an open mind and take another look.

The fact I even caught it on cam is minor miracle and wanted to get proof so it would be taken seriously. Apparently I also need to make a professional video as well.

@Myrmidon I made this report in order to try and help the game as a whole. If you do not have any concretive criticism or pertinent info that sheds light on this bug then please stop poking holes in the report. This a bug report not a debate.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    me777 and Don2k7 like this.
  6. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

can concur to these findings. something changed few months back.
    it's annoying building break and just costs time to fiddle with it.

-AKEVA-BANSHEE- likes this.
  7. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Yep, I've been seeing this occasionally to. What's odd is that usually it will work fine dragging on certain axes and then fail completely trying to drag it on another. For example, when I place a starter block and I want to create a cross to make it a stable platform the left and right drags usually work fine but it occasionally hiccups when dragging the front or back legs.

Pear78 likes this.