Drillable Resource ore inside POI?

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by LiftPizzas, Dec 26, 2020.

1. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I swear I saw this somewhere, a space freighter with ore (terrain) inside the cargo containers. Is there a thread that explains how to do it?

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yes, here!
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/guide-custom-caves-asteroids-and-terrain-pois.46488/

Please note that this guide still works but is outdated. There are several new and easier ways you can add ore rocks to ships or bases, however the general guide still works.

Spawn an asteroid in creative mode. You can find them under the internal tab.
    Use copy and paste to copy ore rocks from the asteroid and paste them onto your ship or base to add rocks to an existing blueprint.

Or:

Spawn an asteroid. Save as a new Blueprint.
    Use command: prefabinfo 'Name of Blueprint' -convert BA
    This will turn your new asteroid blueprint into a base (or CV if you used CV).
    Then spawn the blueprint again. Now it will be a base you can build on or copy other structures on.

LiftPizzas and Kassonnade like this.
  3. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Out of curiosity, is there a way to set the texture of the resource blocks so that they are more visible? By default they end up using one of the dirt textures and blend in to the surrounding soil. Maybe in the terrain.ecf?

Specifically I have aluminum in the POI and it's on a lava moon type with the black soil. There is also a regular voxel aluminum deposit on the planet and that shows the light gray peppered texture for the alum ore. So my guess is the base pieces are not considered the same as the other deposits.