Drone Swarm

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by The Big Brzezinski, Jan 20, 2021.

1. The Big Brzezinski

The Big Brzezinski Captain

Last night, I did new swamp start. Things went pretty well. Resources were rather scarce, but not cripplingly so. All the bug dudes being hostile made it a lot more dangerous to move on foot.

When I reached orbit...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It was... different up there, I guess you could say.

Now, I am extremely down to fight this many drones. I always turn up their overall presence in the world difficulty specifically so I can fight them in an SV. Seeing this many hunting for me just looks like fun.

However, it may be more than intended. This many drones around a starter planet may cause problems for players not prepared for them. If there's only this many because of the difficulty option that I picked, then it's all good. Either way, it's worth keeping an eye on.

Speak up if you've had a notable experience with these new starter orbit swarms.

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    I will reduce the drone presence a bit ;)

3. The Big Brzezinski

The Big Brzezinski Captain

I'm almost sad to hear that. I imagine my tune would probably change once I went out in search of neodymium, though. There's not much call for swatting space drones in an SV in normal survival, but it's a heck of a lot of fun.

4. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Pie in the sky wish I know, but I wish the AI had some scaling to know who it was dealing with. I.e. a tiny SV with no weapons (UCH Dart) doesnt warrant a massive response from the enemy AI. Perhaps a drone or two. But once a shield generator is added, the print becomes large, send more drones...ad a shield, get the CVs involved. And it works both ways...I nearly felt bad for a Zirax Frigate that decided it wanted to get in my way going to a trade station while flying my fully quantum cored up battleship of doom.

daddychillin likes this.
  5. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    At least for the starter system I reduced this from 10-20 (min-max) to 8-12.. it is for starters after all. ;)