PLZ Retest and Re-Report Drones killing you 'through' your cockpit

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by japp_02, Jun 15, 2021.

1. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Build: 1.5
    Mode: all modes
    Mode: all modes

Reproducibility:
    In all game modes at any time you encounter drones in space or planetside

Severity: From Minor-Major depending how you take it, but very nasty overall.

Type: AIVessels

Summary:
    Drones are overpowered with weird hitbox results

Description:
    It seems that drones whether in space or planetside are overpowered, they are able to shoot through the cockpit and kill the player in a very short time after you spot them. The player will be dead but the cockpit and ship is intact or only slightly damaged. This desciption is based on a thread with multiple feedbacks, it doesn't matter if the cockpit is a simple one or an armored cockpit. Please read this thread for the feedbacks to this problem:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/383120/discussions/0/4164121860554349995/
    I don't think this drone behavior is intended, drones were surely not designed to be so powerful, and even if so these shooting results are weird.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Anytime, anywhere when you encounter drones while in your ship, make sure you keep them in front of you to see the description results fast.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  2. El_Globo

El_Globo Commander

Is it the old problem that everybody had ? => The way damage is dealt with explosion range => Explosion damage pass through the cockpit, even if it is not destroyed. This is why some players build SV with internal cockpit (open seats) protected inside hull.
    I agree, I've been killed this way in my last play (and others), because I failed on firing very fast on one drone, and my body felt to the ground whilme my SV keep hovering at 100m above....

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you show a video of this with ideally just 1 drone ?
    Can it happen with any cockpit or only certain cockpits ?

I cannot trigger anything going of what has been described.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Unfortunately not, I'm not familiar in making videos.

Also with armored cockpits

Try with drones in space, that's where it happened to me with a small mining ship and armored cockpit.

Germanicus likes this.
  5. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    I have been sat here for some time today in space & on planets & haven't seen the health bar drop when letting a bunch of drones of different types shoot at me (the shield percentage is higher due to console command used for testing)
    NewGame_1_2021-06-20_23-49-15.png

Recently I found a way to trigger this but only in MP https://empyriononline.com/threads/...rs-inside-sv-cockpits-7993.97950/#post-437445

I ideally need a way to trigger what you describe to be able to say if they are the same issue or something slightly different.

Germanicus likes this.
  6. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

More information about how I got shoot 'through' the cockpit:
    I have JRandall's Wayfarer MKII CV upgraded with all weapons but still no combat armor; inside the CV these ships are docked:
    - SV Skaar Glaive T4 (Worshop JRandall)
    - SV Merc MX11 (Workshop JRandall)
    - SV Auger MK-S (Workshop, no changes and it has an armored cockpit)
    - HV_Prefab_Tier6 (stock HV changed by me to be T3)

With the Auger MK-S I departed from the CV to mine an asteroid when 2-3 drones appeared near the asteroid and I had to deal with them; I didn't have the time to make any maneuvers to get out of their fireline, I died very quickly (a few seconds after spotting them). I recall they were in range for my weapons in front of me. I for sure didn't notice any missile impact whatsoever, I just died - pooofff....

Note:
    I must add this: This drone behavior is only occasional, usually I can shoot down drones rather easily if I maneuver my ship and use my weapons correctly, overall it happened to me 2 times but I had no chance to make a post-evaluation of the reasons, and it happened that I responded to a thread where other players have reported this (see link in my main post description above), so I've made a bug report here.

I play in Survival, and Single Player exclusively, no Coop, no MP, no server play; no modded game files.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021