EAC for Proton, Please

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by drog007, Sep 26, 2021.

1. drog007

drog007 Lieutenant

Epic just announced that EAC can now support proton if the option is enabled in the SDK. Please consider enabling such support as the rest of the game works great under proton for us Linux folks.

Myrmidon likes this.
  2. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Indeed. Even if I do not currently play MP games it would be wonderful the developers activate it, if it is easy.

mr_road likes this.
  3. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Likely will only be done when we do start supporting Linux at the end of the road.
    But i will see if its something we can do now already

4. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Much appreciated...:thumpUp:

Taelyn likes this.
  5. drog007

drog007 Lieutenant

I understand the reticence to support anything new, but as far as the reporting on this it should be relatively simple to enable. Most of us on the Linux end realize that we have to provide our own support.

Myrmidon likes this.
  6. Chryseus

Chryseus Ensign

Empyrion already runs very good with Proton, the EAC support just needs to be turned on for the multiplayer to be fully functional.
    The Steam Deck is also releasing at the end of the year so specifically having support for it would likely bring in a lot of new players.
    Steam will also be rating games based on how well they work with the Deck, information on how this is done can be found here: https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/steamdeck/compat

mr_road, Myrmidon and drog007 like this.
  7. Dagobert

Dagobert Ensign

May I ask what is the current status of EAC in linux proton?
    In my case it shows splash screen and do nothing. Well, it's better than the time when Empyrion was stuck on the splash screen in infinite loop, but I'd love to play multiplayer on linux.

8. drog007

drog007 Lieutenant

*Edit* - I'm getting pretty tired of whoever is editing and deleting my posts for sharing publicly available information.

EAC is supported under proton/linux. Eleon has however not enabled that support.

You can find a list of games supporting anti-cheat software on this link, and can see several that have chosen to enable EAC:

https://areweanticheatyet.com/

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022