PLZ Retest and Re-Report EAC is enabled but MP games not recognizing it

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by fa_q2, Jun 11, 2021.

1. fa_q2

fa_q2 Commander

Build: 1.5
    Mode: MP

SERVER NAME: All EAC servers. Does not matter which ones I try and connect to
    SEED-ID: N/A

Reproducibility: Most of the time

Type: Major

Summary: EAC is enabled but MP games not recognizing it and will not allow me to join. Error message comes up stating that I have to enable EAC in the options menu

Description: EAC is enabled in the options menu but servers do not recognize it. Restarting the game, steam or my computer entirely does not fix the problem. Verifying steam files does not fix the problem. The only solution I have been able to make work is uninstall the game through steam, redownloading it and doing a fresh install. I did not remove the files that a normal uninstall leaves behind. This has occurred several times and I have included the files that should match the last two instances.

Steps to Reproduce: Force closing the game causes this error almost every single time (or crashing). Recently it is happened even when the game closes normally however it did not require a complete reinstall to fix (steam verifying files worked in this one instance). I do not know if it was related to the larger problem.

Note: I cannot upload the latest instance that this happened, the log file is to large: 29,133 kb. However, I was able to upload an edited version that should contain everything except the following 2 lines:

Look rotation viewing vector is zero
    (Filename: Line: 85)

Invalid IKEffector.positionOffset (contains NaN)! Please make sure not to set IKEffector.positionOffset to NaN values.
    (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

And, of course, those lines were repeated many, many, many times over. I removed them to reduce the file to something that could be uploaded.

Attached Files:

2. fa_q2

fa_q2 Commander

I would like to update that the bug has progressed and, again, I have no idea why. I can now only play a single session in MP on an install. Every single time I exit the game I have to perform a complete uninstall and reinstall in order to get MP working again. Nothing I do to EAC seems to be helping. It does not matter how the game was shut down.

Oddly enough, a restart of my computer is not necessary - just an uninstall and a reinstall.

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    When you uninstall the game are you making sure the Empyrion folder is actually completely empty ?

• Completely uninstall Empyrion & then reinstall after doing the following steps
    1. Right click on Empyrion in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse local files > Saves
      Make a backup copy of any saves & blueprints you have in another folder away from steam or place them on another drive.
      Also if you have any custom scenarios, playfields or configs etc you will want to back them up & also move them away from from the root Empyrion installation folder which are all found in the "Contents" folder.
    2. Select Empyrion in your steam library & select the uninstall option & when that is completed delete the "Empyrion - Galactic Survival" folder in your Steam\steamapps\common folder
    3. Delete these folders called "Eleon Game Studios" in these locations if they are found there:
      C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Temp\Eleon Game Studios
      C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\LocalLow\Eleon Game Studios
    4. Open windows registry editor & go to here & right click on "Empyrion - Galactic Survival" & select to delete:
      Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eleon Game Studios\
    5. Close the windows registry then restart your PC
    6. Reinstall Empyrion: in your steam library select Empyrion & select install & wait for it to finish downloading. When the download is complete:
      Right click on Empyrion in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse local files
      & place your saves, blueprints, custom scenarios etc back.

Pach and Germanicus like this.