Fixed Enclosed Passenger Seats catapult you into next week.

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Dramegno, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Dramegno

Dramegno Commander

Mode: (Any)
    Mode: (Singleplayer)

SEED-ID: (Not Seed Dependent)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: (NO)
    Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Major)

Type: (Physics, block dimensions, Fly Like An Eagle!)

Summary: Entering and exiting the enclosed passenger seat can catapult you to your doom.

Description: When blocks are placed around the enclosed passenger seat to make it flush with the rest of the ship entering and exiting the seat caused a clip effect they accelerate you very quickly able to go straight up ~50m or so. The amount of time spent in the seat seems to be a factor for how high/far you go, as in you get the most air double tapping F, but if you chill in the seat for ~30 seconds you don't get much if any air. It does it with both SV and HV variants of the seat.

Steps to Reproduce:
    place down an SV/HV starter.
    plop down an enclosed passenger seat.
    put blocks around it something like this
    Survival Test_2019-01-17_22-47-43.png

press f to enter and exit.
    Track how high you go, compete with your friends!

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Blueprint of sample HV: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13fKMZF-osbhGPaO4LAA_nTfK2gMyGp_4

2. Txawen

Txawen Ensign

I've already said it on another post, all seats are bugged now, on earlier versions of the game, when you entered a seat it would remenber the exact position you were before entering it, wich was awesome, now it expels you in a preset position now matter where you were before entering it, causin major clippling and catapulting issues, if you place a block where that preset position is, you´re screwed, now you have to build clear spaces just to be able to get out properly, wich is really sad and limits imagination, i really dont know why this had to be changed, i guess it adds some kind of realism to gameplay, but i can no longer bunker up my cockpits

20190115132433_1.jpg
    20190115125305_1.jpg
    20190118111540_1.jpg 20190118111545_1.jpg

This is when you try to exit

20190118111559_1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks this is logged.

Can you supply a copy of this vessel here ?

4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Please test the latest exp build for this issue https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-experimental-9-3.47312/

5. Dramegno

Dramegno Commander

Doesn't seem to be broken for my test vehicles anymore. Every now and then when I get out I seem to get a little bit of something but it seems to be the equivalent of tripping on the lip of the block and I move a very short distance ~1 Steel Block S in a tenth of a second then stop. I can't reliably have this happen and could be the result of lag or other some such.