Fixed Enemies don't spawn in Chapter 3: ... and fight [7928]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by cyb, May 22, 2021.

1. cyb

cyb Ensign

Build: v1.5 3362
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Single Player / Arid start (new game)

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 118882

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Unknown
    Severity: Minor (click action to bypass)

Type: Quest

Summary: Enemies don't spawn in Chapter 3: ... and fight quest

Description:

I started a fresh game using the newly released 1.5 experimental branch. I got to Chapter 3 at the Distillery when you are supposed to fight the waves of bad guys. For some reason, they did not spawn. I had to go into the PDA to bypass the waves to proceed with the overall quest.

Steps to Reproduce:
    (I have not attempted to reproduce, but here are roughly the steps I went through)

1. Start Chapter 3 story line quest per the instructions
    2. Give a Platinum bar to the pirates and retrieve the recipe
    3. Talk to the brewmaster and guy across the way
    4. Return to "office"
    5. The quest switches to the part where the bad guys would normally spawn (as in v1.4 and before)
    6. Wait for bad guys to spawn... they don't. I tried jet packing all around to see if they spawned somewhere else but was unable to find them.

cmguardia and Germanicus like this.
  2. frantech1

frantech1 Lieutenant

I have the same issue. No bad guys spawn.

3. Incubuzz

Incubuzz Ensign

So far I had no enemies at all spawning in Story playing through linearly.
    Tales of the Past
    Clear area: No spiders spawn
    Enemy Contact: No infected spawn
    Crashed Birds:
    Clear the Area: No enemies spawn
    Restarting the game fixes it.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Commander

I have seen this too, but way longer than V1.5. What triggers that for me is (1.5 exp included) is when you get back to the office after speaking with someone with a really bad attitude, (Brewmaster Yrik?) and Brewmaster Lark starts barking about sabotage, you need to walk back towards either of the two main doors you use to walk in to the office on ground level from outside (opposite corners of the same wall) You don't have to open them or walk out, just get near that wall/doors and you will then hear the zirax outside when they spawn in.

5. cyb

cyb Ensign

I started up the game again after being away for a few days. After jet packing up to one of the silos in the distillery, all the bad guys spawned in. This was really strange, because I had already manually completed the quest.

6. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

It is a problem that has been happening to me for a long time.
    When the attack is given notice you can go out to wait for the first wave. If you wait outside the building, they will never come. You must enter the building and take the elevator back down and they will be out there. Otherwise if you wait on the balconies looking down they will not appear either. You must again go down the elevator tube and when you reach the door below they will be there. The second wave may or may not come. I can't make it appear confidently. The third wave appears whenever the second wave is manually ticked.
    I have come to wait for more than 5 min waiting still on the balconies, touring the place with the jet but the only thing that manages to unleash the first wave is to go down the elevator and approach the doors.

Es un problema que me sucede desde hace tiempo.
    Cuando se da aviso del ataque puedes salir a esperar la primer ola. Si esperas fuera del edificio, no llegaran nunca. Se debe ingresar al edificio y subir el ascensor volver a bajar y estaran allí afuera. En otro caso si esperas en los balcones mirando hacia abajo tampoco apareceran. Debes nuevamente bajar por el tubo del ascensor y al llegar a la puerta de abajo allí estaran. La segunda ola puede llegar o no. No logro hacer que aparezca con confianza. La tercer ola aparece siempre que se tilde manualmente la segunda ola.
    He llegado a esperar mas de 5 min esperando quieto en los balcones, recorriendo el lugar con el jet pero lo único que logra desencadenar la primer ola es bajar por el ascensor y acercarme a las puertas.