PLZ Retest and Re-Report Enemies sometimes spawn undergroud

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by tahaan, Dec 20, 2021.

1. tahaan

tahaan Lieutenant

Build: v1.7 3632
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Dedicated Server

SERVER NAME: [Nerdlette Gaming] - Reforged Eden
    SEED-ID: not available.

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes (Reforged Eden)

Reproducibility: Intermittent, Unable to reproduce on demand
    Severity: Major.

Type: Enemy spawn glitch

Summary: Enemies spawn underground

Description: Enemies spawned underground and able to shoot player through the terrain, but unable to kill them because they are inside the planet.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Work your way through a base killing enemies as you go.
    2) If you are unlucky, discover that you are being shot from seemingly nowhere.
    3) Die over and over as you try to retrieve your backppack, every time to be shot by an invisible underground enemy.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    I made a video recording which I will trim and upload and then link in a comment if the developers need it.

Additional comments:
    This is not a new bug. I've had raptors spawn inside my base, I've had enemies spawn inside base walls, and on several occasions enemies that spawn underground. I am guessing with enemies in a base, when they spawn, if the block they were meant to stand on is no longer there, they might glitch into the floor or into the walls, etc.

It does not happen often, but when it happens, it means you get shot through walls or through terrain, creating a death loop.

In some cases I've found a work-around in disconecting and reconnecting to the game. After re-connecting the enemy is sometimes no longer there.

Logs:
    Attached the Client log, but maybe it is the next file after that that was needed.

Attached Files:

2. Landru

Landru Ensign

If I may add a funny story. The minigun drone guarding the Heidelberg wreckage spawned in the dirt between the fore and aft sections of the ship, so I dug it out with the survival tool and shot it! Of course, unable to reproduce, and did not think to take a screenshot.

3. DeadManWalking

DeadManWalking Ensign

This. Enemies (and backpacks) are falling though the world. New v1.7.6 multiplayer game on dedicated server.

4. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

-AKEVA-BANSHEE- Commander

@tahaan First off thank you for joining the small group of bug reporters. It's a big help.

Now I have a few questions and some feedback.
    1) Since Reforged is a modified scenario and it is the responsibility of the mod devs to fix them would you be willing to run through some addition steps to make this report acceptable for eleon? If so keep reading.

2) Can you take note of what POIs this is happening on a and jot down the names. (how to find the Blueprint name of a POI can be found here)> https://empyriononline.com/threads/space-pois-update-megathread.98237/ Finding these names is important because you can rule out if it's a reforged issue by looking at said POIs in both games. If it's issue specific to the POI you can report it in the same linked thread.

3) Can you find said POIs in Default Singleplayer Game & see if they are having the same issue.

If so follow the same steps to making a bug report templete and simply post it as a reply here.

@DeadManWalking Can you also post a fully filled out bug report form here? >> Link to form & additional info here. Just copy and post empty form and fill it out in any text editor.

https://empyriononline.com/threads/...uirements-known-issues-troubleshooting.47082/

5. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

I too had this issue and it's not associated with any specific POI as these are Patroling Troops that spawn in a faction Territory and I had it with Zirax and Talon troops

What I could understand is that it may be related to the die and respawn near, terrain may have issues and NPCs may fall trough due to rendering issues

It may also happen with POIs but related to the same problem, the terrain or structures may have rendering issues during the player absence

20220206162027_1.jpg 20220206162058_1.jpg 20220206162055_1.jpg

This was the last I had it, on a SP Vanilla Game and going into godmode will not help as weapons do not work down there

Only solution was to abandon the area and return after they have despawned

6. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

That's exactly what happened to me in 1.76 vanilla single player in Chapter 4 Glacial Grave, Radar Station: I died and respawned nearby, since then there were 2 white mechanical droids under the foundation of the station shooting through walls. I didn't pay attention if my Health was affected.
    The bug report I sent was not reproducible, which is not astonishing with the cause you mention.

7. Garaman

Garaman Captain

I'm curious. A few of us have noticed when starting up our creative saves that some ships parked on an elevated landing pad end up below the pad, like they just magically fell through. I wonder if this is related, like some issue with the BA collision model loading in out-of-sync.

8. Hinder777

Hinder777 Ensign

I had this same issue happen to me on a single player survival game, when I attacked the drone base on my starter planet, 2 zirax shotgunners spawned in below the base and shot through the walls, running around below me and shooting wherever I went, when I respawned my backpack fell down through the floor to join them. I had to enter god mode to get to them and found a zirax dog down there as well. First thing I did was validate my game files and it all came back 100%.

9. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

Was this default game or Reforged? I cannot get this to be reproduced in default game after 2 IRL days. However I can can consistently reproduce it in Reforged game.

10. Hinder777

Hinder777 Ensign

it is in default game, i haven't tried to go into Reforged yet, also have no mods. This has only started happening after the 1.7.5 update for me personally

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  11. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

Any chance you can drop a savegame here & planet/POI you saw the issue at so they can see it?

12. Vollinger

Vollinger Lieutenant

Another NPC spawned underground killing the player...
    Where: Anvil RE-Server
    POI: Abandoned Depot, bottom floor.
    Link: https : // www. twitch . tv/videos/1412439852?t=02h07m27s (the enemy commander spawns in the floor and starts shooting already, its in another room than the flamethrower dude)
    Funny thing, the next POI he started after that had a guy shoot him through walls :(

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
  13. Hinder777

Hinder777 Ensign

Where: Vorarao SP starter planet
    POI: Drone Base
    Method: Started a new game, grabbed a debug assault rifle, used GM to get to drone base, went to bottom floor and turned GM off and died, after respawning turned gm on and went bellow the bottom floor, 2 dogs and my backpack was beneath the POI.

on my other game (can't get save file due to corruption after power outage) it was 2 shotgunners

Attached Files:

-AKEVA-BANSHEE- likes this.
  14. Khaleg

Khaleg Commander

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 177.3718 05-10:00
    Mode:Freedom
    Mode: Local Singleplayer

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: Some times
    Severity: annoying, breaks immersion, makes the game unplayable some times

Type:Enemies shoot through the walls

Summary: _Player is shoot through the walls, seems this would be related to enemies entities being spawned inside blocks or under the POIs

Description:
    There was upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away, the Zirax empire used a arcane force to see through the walls, and shoot over the rebels that dare to fight against the evil.
    In this time, a brave order of mystics, the Eleon knights, used their power to fight back, and the Zirax lost this powerfull power of see through solid objects. But the hope did not last much time, now, the evil Zirax empire, in some way, has recovered this power as never seen before.

Will the mighty Eleon knights able to stop them again?

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Load the savegame from the shared URL from Drive
    2) Enjoy

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AAkgv7B3URqVMIaBXpzMrBa5GE6e1QqV/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the long lasting support guys

15. Arthmoor

Arthmoor Commander

If it helps any, a video where a Zriax minigunner is under the floor shooting at the player:

It should start at the moment of the incident but if not it should be around 20:35 or so.

Vollinger likes this.
  16. Vollinger

Vollinger Lieutenant

I've had the issue you explained in vanilla & RE for years now - while it might be related, the problem described here is certainly very new and has been introduced with the recent patch (1.76).

17. Khaleg

Khaleg Commander

Update: Confirmed, seems that the problem is double.

1.- Enemies entities, when they are inside a block or inside the terrain, they see through everything
    2.- Some times, the entities go inside the blocks or the terrains, I am unsure if they are spawned directly inside the geometry / voxel or they pass through.

One way to test this is, while the player is not vulnerable, push an entity inside a block, I was able to replicate this in this way. In the moment that the entity is inside the block, it see trough all blocks, and shoots at you even when blocks are between the player character and the entity.

DeadManWalking likes this.
  18. Khaleg

Khaleg Commander

Guys, this is happening in single player vanilla too, some times. Seems that it is more frequent when there are invisible spawners, but not sure at all.

19. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Spent an hour jumping around to different POIs in a single player game trying to repro this. No luck at all. Tried flying out of range and back in, damaging blocks / ground / vegetation in the area, dying + respawning nearby, simple POIs vs dungeons, firing SV and player weapons, friendly vs hostile faction statuses. All spawns worked fine. Can't figure out what it is that causes it when I see it. I even watched a player on our RE server drill to the bedrock with plasma cannons to kill 4 zirax troops that appeared there as part of a base attack.

20. Vollinger

Vollinger Lieutenant

In a (crazy) POI today, a lot of NPCs fell through the one, some others through 2 floor blocks, their spawners being some blocks above the floor. Maybe the issue is not that the NPCs spawn underground, but that they fall through the floor once the structure gets "interacted" with (e.g. when you damage some other block). I notice a similar behaviour with the bug that sentries shoot through walls.

DeadManWalking and Garaman like this.