Filed / Tracking Entering a CV cockpit while an automatic door is open breaks the door sensor [1133]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Garaman, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Build: 3259
    Mode: Creative/Survival
    Mode: Single Player/Multi Player

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Equipment / Doors

Summary: If you enter a cockpit seat while an automatic door is open, the built-in door sensor will no longer close the door until the ship is reloaded.

Description:
    This bug has been around since well before 1.4. If you have a cockpit seat close to an automatic door and you are standing in the door's sensor area when you enter the seat, the door will remain open. After that the door sensor will only ever work to open the door, but will never close it. Even if you manually close the door the sensor will allow it to open but it will not automatically close. Relogging restores the correct behavior. Expected behavior I believe is that the door should close once you are in the seat (same behavior as if attached to a motion sensor) and obviously should work normally when you exit the seat.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Load the attached CV. Verify that all 3 automatic door types open and close when approached. Stand right next to the cockpit seat so that all 3 doors are open and enter the seat.
    upload_2021-2-6_14-46-8.png

Doors will remain open while you are seated. After you exit the seat, the doors will remain open no matter how far away you get.
    upload_2021-2-6_14-46-47.png

If you manually close the doors, they will re-open when approached but again will not close automatically.

Attached Files:

Vollinger, tahaan and zaphodikus like this.
  2. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Im glad someone figured this out, I have had this issue rare and intermittent over the years.
    Usually with the door closest to cockpit.
    I never realised it was the sensor staying active after sitting.

I usually remove and replace the door after this issue, which can be annoying.

I noticed the issue again yesterday because i made a cv with a small bridge nearly surrounded by doors.

3. basingleton

basingleton Commander

I've noticed this as well but never knew the cause of it.. thanks, hopefully they fix it.

4. Kats

Kats Lieutenant

I have noticed that bug long ago and... Oh ****! and I didn't take time to make a post about it:eek:.

In fact, the real bug is : door logic breaks when we (inside the door detection range so the door is open) sit on something, it can be anything, any chair, and even the toilet; because we simply vanish from sensors' view when we sit.

I simply put a sensor to command the doors near any sitting stuff to avoid that issue.

tahaan likes this.
  5. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

This is still a problem in 1.8.10 beta, if you have a SV close to a base door for example and jump in the cockpit, the base door is jammed open for the rest of the play session.

6. The Android

The Android Lieutenant

And here we are at 1.10.4 and it's still a problem. Now I know to wait until I hear the door close before getting in the pilot seat...