Fixed entire structures missing on entry into game [6527]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by imlarry425, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Relog fixes it, its a known issue

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    As of the latest public release A10 B2513 how is this after some play time in this build ?

3. Moog

Moog Ensign

Had this happen just this morning. Using the Hephaestus base. Logged in this morning, docking bay was missing half the walls, and the temperature was a nippy -126 degrees, it's usually 22 degrees.....logged out, back in, base all good to go.

I occasionally see as mentioned above, the Loading Structures part... sometimes hangs, then shoots past to Deco's, loads into server......I notice when it hangs on loading structures is when this seems to pop up .....

Playing on my private server, to which I average about a 30 ping.

4. Relo@d

Relo@d Lieutenant

We are playing om our own dedicated server. Using Eden project senario so it many planets.

Last week we got this mysterious when logging in that half och our space base are gone.

Just log out and restart and the base are there again.

Dont know why or what to do but want to report it. It might be the Eden senario that make out server have to much to do or someting? But I think it started after latest update I think around 5/7. Every start of the game takes long time and its loading planets and other things quite slow.

Now we see this also on Zirax bases when going to a Zirax Space Base.

Half.jpg
    restart.jpg

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  5. Relo@d

Relo@d Lieutenant

Here is a Polaris base on a moon. This have not happend before last days.
    Polaris.jpg

For debugging info: It can be that my friend log on and he says in Discord that half base is missing. Then when I log on the base is correct and complete. When he relog its also correct so its not a "linear" problem for us. But it is "always" someting wrong when logging on the latest days.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  6. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Similar happened to me. The save game was created during A9.x When I approach the POI and land it is looking ok above the ground though. I can ender the buildings with no problem.

Not all POIs in same playfield/planet appear like this. I only found one, Abandoned reactor.

7. Travis9x

Travis9x Commander

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Dedicated Server

SERVER NAME: private server

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Only observed once
    Severity: Trivial graphical glitch, but can potentially cause a player to get stuck

Type: Structure

Summary: Large chuck of base missing

Description: Large chunk of base is not rendered, and allows a player to pass through the empty space where the structure should be.

Steps to Reproduce: Unknown. I fired up a private server that we've been playing on for weeks, and when I logged into it a large chunk of our base was missing. I could walk through the empty space where the walls and floor should have been, and I could tell it was mostly a graphical error, because I could see right through the blocks after moving into the empty space, similar to when God Mode is turned on and you clip through walls.
    However, after I had walked far enough to be under the floor, suddenly the missing chuck was back, and I could no longer move through the blocks, effectively trapping me beneath the base (see the final screenshot, of me trapped in the “crawl space”. Thank goodness it's my own server, so I could go God Mode to escape.
    Once I was free and back above the floor, the graphical glitch remained, and the large chuck was still missing. It was only resolved after I logged out, allowed the playfield to despawn, and then logged back in.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  8. NoOddjob

NoOddjob Ensign

Not to necro the thread, but this happens daily on our MP server to various players. And other players can usually see whatever the one player can't see. For instance, I once thought my SV had been stolen and landed another SV on its normal spot. Another player took a screenshot of both of my SV's occupying the same space. I then moved the second SV and disconnected and reloaded. Boom, magically re-chia'ed the first SV where it had been parked all along.

Happens literally daily on a server with ~6 players.

9. Pantera

• Developer
    Can you say how much time in between each log off & log on there is when you notice this has happened ?
    Does it always happen with roughly that amount of time ?
    Is the server always online or is it shut down when no one is online on it ?

10. Pantera

• Developer
    There was a fix put out today that has was for a repro case found when part of a structure was removed until the player relogs this fix has a small chance to have also fixed this issue.
    If it still happens again for anyone please leave feedback here thanks.

11. CaptRiker

CaptRiker Commander

partial loading on mp servers still happening.. almost crap'd myself when I loaded into a pvp mp server I play on.. thought someone laid waste to my base... just had to re-log for the base to fully load in.

LOL and oh btw.. some singals and customs not saving on my vehicles. and still some light settings not saving (or maybe it's not loading correctly) sometimes... getting really tired of those little things.

and on most if not all the mp servers I play on, terrible load lag when approaching bases.. sometimes takes 8-10 secs just sitting there to load in.. yesterday on HWS I needed admin help.. got to close to a base before it loaded in.. ending up getting stuck in a wall and when I exited my sv. I was inside a guys LOCKED base.. nice glitch for pvp ppl lol. with 10.5 something is seriously wrong with loading..

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  12. Pantera

• Developer
    Can you make a report for that & explain or show how it is reproduced ?

We know about this issue.

13. mscriber7

mscriber7 Ensign

About every other time that I enter into the game, the walls of my base are missing, and sometimes the floors. If I exit the game and get back in then the walls return. If my son enters the game while he is near my base, the walls may be missing, and if he doesn't notice then all of my plants will die, even if I am not in the game. At one point we were both in the game, and his version had no walls, but my version did. In that situation, all of my plants died, even though there was oxygen in my version of the game. Please fix this.

Mscriber7

Travis9x likes this.
  14. Relo@d

Relo@d Lieutenant

Alpha 11.5.3 Patch 2019-12-19 (Build 2758)
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Dedicated Server Multiplayer

SERVER NAME: Private
    SEED-ID: 1011345

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Anoying

Type: Aliens

Summary: Zirax attacks when not online

Description: We are 4 IRL friends playing on a private dedicates fresh installed 11.5.3. I hope this is a bug that can be fixed and not a feature. When coming online the bases on the planet is severe damaged and even when having well defence up it seems that Zirax somehow can attack and destroy a base when the base owner are not online. The base is not taken by Zirax, it is just destroyed. We tested to play in different factions to avoid any threats and reputation issues but noting helps. Its getting very frustrating that Zirax is playing the game when not online and there is noting to do to prevent it. I do not know if this is a setting or someting that can be changed by admins of server. We have no problem at all with Zirax attacks and think they really add some gaming but when they occurs when players offline its just boring.

Steps to Reproduce: Build a base on starter planet and get offline when others play on the server. Log on later and find your base destroyed.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  15. Relo@d

Relo@d Lieutenant

One anoying aspect is that we moved one base underground and mounted turrets above. Still the base is damage underground but top is not harmed and core is not taken. Its just weird damage made when coming back online. And I blame Zirax ;-)

OR...is this some known bug that parts of bases can be destroyed when logon for no reason? We have no proof of that this is Ziraxs attacks.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  16. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    NPCs and Base attacks doe not happen when no players are around.
    Is the base randomly destroyed like when hit from rockets?

17. Relo@d

Relo@d Lieutenant

We are 4 players that started on same planet but different bases and different factions. Just to not get Zirax attack when beginning the game. Still we got attacks from Zirax. Thats OK but then when someone of us logged in the base was blown to scraps looking like rocket attack from Zirax drones. We thought it was some random thing but then it continued happening. Our bases was destroyed when coming back online. We cheated and put some rocket turrets on the bases and now we are safe so therefore we still think its Zirax.

The thing I can suspect is tha twhen we play on different hours we somehow trigger the attack on bases near our base ow when we pass the area. Have no concrete proof whats acually happening but the bases are destroyed when logging back into the game and its frustrating when starting new game.

18. Relo@d

Relo@d Lieutenant

We discussed some and it maby more likley that this is due to a relogg bug. Sometimes when logon parts of the base are gone. When relog the base are back but still plants and oxygen is destroyed.

So maby not Zirax problem but base destroyed by relog in some way.

But that dont explain why problems dissapered when putting up turrets. So maby we have 2 problems here...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  19. Relo@d

Relo@d Lieutenant

We have made some more tests and can confirm that thi is not Zirax attacks at all. So I beleve you when you say Zirax only attacks when someone is near. The thread topic can be changed.

The errors we have seen is that sometimes when login parts of the base is not there (destroyed). When relogging it can still be destroyed or have returned complete as when we left it the first time.

The strange thing is that this is not just registrated as a graphical error by the game. If parts affected a "growing room" with plants they are dead when returning even if the base looks correct. So the image of a destroyed base affect oxygen and parameters for the plants.

To make it even stranger it happends more often to some and for example myself not so often. We havent figured out if this is due to game client PC spec or internet connection speed. (I have 1gb speed and a brand new PC)

There was some errors in A10 similar to this with only parts of bases spawning and it was very often but as it seems there still is some if this lurking in the code and make this happend for us.

20. Travis9x

Travis9x Commander

I can confirm virtually the same exact scenario as what MScriber7 described above. For me, I've noticed that it seems to happen most often after a server reboot, when it's loading the playfield for the first time (when the first person logs in after a server reboot). Often, large chunks of the base will be missing. If the missing chunk happens to include a wall or ceiling of the “greenhouse”, and the person doesn't notice it quickly, then the plants there will die. If it is noticed quickly enough, then logging out, waiting for the playfield to unload from the server memory, then logging back in will usually fix the problem (hopefully before any plants die). Letting the playfield de-spawn before logging back in seems to be a key point.