Error Expanding My Sector

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by [CIR] bigsteve, Jul 2, 2019.

1. [CIR] bigsteve

[CIR] bigsteve Ensign

Well it wasn't to long before the game i started playing got too small so i have decide to expand it.
    had a look around and saw that the 'Dawn of Galaxy' Scenario has plenty of playfields to choose from.

So i copied all of them from the Playfield Folder to my save game Playfield folder
    then i chose one of the Playfield and added to the sectors .yaml of my save game.
    Code:
    - Coordinates:
      Color: 0.8, 0.8, 0.8
      Icon: Circle
      SectorMapType: Planet
      Playfields:
      - - 0, 0, 0
        - Elia Orbit
        - EliaOrbitSpaceAFR
        - ''
      - - 6000, 0, -7777
        - Elia Moon
        - EliaMoon
        - ''
      - - 0, 0, 0
        - Elia Temperate
        - EliaTemperate
        - ''
      Allow:
      - Vioralis Orbit
      Deny:
      - Sun Star
    starting up the game i get this error:
    Code:
    Initialize engine version: 2018.4.1f1 (b7c424a951c0)
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Exception: Playfield Elia Orbit has unknown playfield type Undefined
    at Assembly-CSharp.PackageHelper+ResourceConverter.MoveNext () [0x006ed] in <b35fa88077374c32805d945705a30bac>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.ViewTree+ConditionAttribute.MoveNext () [0x001db] in <b35fa88077374c32805d945705a30bac>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.DriveInvoker+FileToken.MoveNext () [0x00130] in <b35fa88077374c32805d945705a30bac>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.DriveInvoker+PaneDictionary.MoveNext () [0x0027d] in <b35fa88077374c32805d945705a30bac>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.DriveInvoker+ToolboxTree.MoveNext () [0x0015d] in <b35fa88077374c32805d945705a30bac>:0
    at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00027] in <ec6cdd2ecdd2497ab1221eaddc1cd404>:0 
    Am i doing something wrong????

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I do not believe that scenario has been updated for the current version of the game.
    I'm not sure if that is the source of your error, but to get it to work properly in the current version of the game you will need to edit the playfield file and add a faction tag to all the POIs.
    You'll also need to copy the prefabs from that scenario into your main empyrion prefabs folder to get the custom POIs to show up in your game.

I'm not sure if this will help though since that error message looks like it's about something else.

Oh, I'm not too familiar with editing the sectors file but I think the order of the playfields needs to be:

Planet > Moons > Orbit

You did it Orbit > Moon > Planet and that might not work. Try changing the order.

Again, not too familiar so somebody else probably knows better. I might be wrong about this, I was just going off what my own save game sectors file looked like.

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Also that sectors file is formatted a lot different than the normal ones. Not sure if that makes a difference either.

4. [CIR] bigsteve

[CIR] bigsteve Ensign

How, did not expect a reply so soon after posting, thank you for that.
    i am at work now so will not be able to see if your advice works for me,

just to get ahead of my self, the:
    "edit the playfield file and add a faction tag"
    will i be using the Emp Playfield Designer or Solar System Generator for that?, Load it in and will it update the parts that needs updating?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  5. [CIR] bigsteve

[CIR] bigsteve Ensign

Yes i noticed that when i saw the sectors,yaml from my save game, newer one is so much more readable than the old one...
    i loaded the sectors.yaml in EPG so i could move all the existing playfields to one area to make more room for the new stuff i want to added, saving this converted the .yaml to the old ugly format, so sad......
    i am just going to have to live with the uglyness for the time being.

ravien_ff likes this.
  6. [CIR] bigsteve

[CIR] bigsteve Ensign

Well i finally got it to work. Only by a fluke miss-click.
    Which was, clicking on a playfield folder in my save file which i had already visited, it had more files than just a .yaml file,
    Which got my thinking where do they come from?
    After a ten minutes of brain usage i realized that the client gets them from the playfield folder in the Contents (or Scenario) folder, so i copied a playfield folder from a scenario folder to that folder and BINGO, the save game loaded with out the "unknown playfield type Undefined" error.

Now to Bug the Hell out of the Emp Playfield Generator Developer to get its .yaml files formatted the pretty way.

ravien_ff likes this.
  7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Glad you got it working!

Sadly a lot of the tools that generate yaml files (EPD, EPG, etc) won't be able to generate them in the same format that the default game uses. This is because I think the default game is hand-written or uses a custom tool of some kind, but the third party programs have to rely on a yaml parser so they can't customize how the program writes the yaml file.

[CIR] bigsteve likes this.