Escape pod starting resources

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by zaphodikus, Sep 1, 2021.

1. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

A bit confused by the LootGroups.ecf

Crated a new blank scenario, dropped just the lootgroups.ecf file into the /Content
    and noticed the file seems to get ignored Rather confusingly a new section was added

## Escape pod - New Start
    { +LootGroup Name: StartingEquipment_NewStart

and that is not being used at all so would like to know what steps I'm getting wrong

2. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Hmm, are these files overridden in playfield.yaml or not?

3. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Not sure how the new escape pod start works now since the last changes. You might want to include (for the escape pod parameters) EClassConfig.ecf, Containers.ecf and LootGroups.ecf in your \Content folder.

In the default start we can't access the escape pod like we did previously, and some objects are scattered on the ground around it so we can pick them up. I see no trace of how this is done in the config files.

4. Escape pod contents are set in the correct playfield file.
    Look in the default TemperateStarter playfield for an example, look in the playfield_static.yaml and search for FixedPlayerStart

It will show you an example of the excape pod being un-steerable and dropping its contents on the ground (it always drops on the ground now).

Kassonnade likes this.
  5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

The New un-steerable Escape Pod Start is only enabled on the Temperate Starter Planet.
    The Arid Starter has the 'normal' way to start with Loot but all is already in your Backpack.

Kassonnade likes this.
  6. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Ok thanks, I found it there. I checked some playfields but not this one. I wish they add these new commands in the Example_Planet yaml so we don't have to look around in many files not even knowing what we're looking for. I don't have that patience anymore.

zaphodikus likes this.