Fixed Exiting Cockpit - get ejected, CV goes flying [5916]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by LethalStrike, Jan 16, 2019.

1. LethalStrike

LethalStrike Ensign

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: The Backup Plan (Private server)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: BI-776 System - 9

Reproducibility: Since Alpha 9.2 Client Patch Jan 15
    Severity: Major

Type: CV

Summary: Exiting Cockpit, player gets ejected out of ship, and ship goes flying ...

Description: Land the CV planet side, on base or landscape, exit the cockpit and get ejected out of the CV and the CV goes bounce into the sky and across the landscape

Steps to Reproduce: Land the CV on landscape or base, exit the cockpit.
    Tried with jetpack on & off, tried with power on & off, tried by waiting a few secs after
    shut off, with same results. happens with multiply different CVs

Steve Lee likes this.
  2. Nyah

Nyah Ensign

Have the same issue.

SERVER NAME: Nyah World

Summary: Exiting Cockpit, player gets ejected out of ship, and ship goes flying.

Description: Land the CV planet side, on base or landscape that has been excavated or flattened. Exit cockpit and Ship will bounce off.

Steps to Reproduce: Land the CV on landscape or base that has been excavated or flattened or have had trees removed, exit the cockpit.
    As long as the ground has been worked on in ANY way it is impossible to land on said ground. Only solution i found was to Raise a landingpad far enough off the ground so that no preiviously removed terrain would overlap the ship. The game is treating it like the terrain is still there(even thou its been dug away) when you exit the cockpit and that launches the ship.

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi can a save be supplied with your character/s left inside the vessel in a location where this is happening ?

4. Niolon

Niolon Ensign

Hello @Pantera ,
    I admin the server "The Backup Plan" with the issue LethalStrike posted above. A copy of the save as of this evening may be found here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiYPMShl_xdkiVM2untFHqyQDOa_

This is the scenario used on the server: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiYPMShl_xdkiVRDoFFFwUQnXzFY

As Nyah indicated, the issue only seems to occur where we have excavated/flattened/modified terrain. The CV may be landed on unmodified terrain, powered off, and cockpit seat vacated with absolutely no issue.

I was unable to duplicate when copying the save from the multiplayer dedicated server to a solo player game.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  5. Rameko

Rameko Ensign

Having the same issue on another server.

SERVER NAME: No Man's Land | 50+ Planets | PVE/PVP USA |SDGamers.org
    If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Default - Random

Summary: After landing and exiting from the cockpit the Ship then will fly off in a random direction.

Description: Landing the ship on a base that has had any land flattened or excavated makes the ship bounce after landing on it. We have 2 bases 1 on a moon which we flattened areas around a crater where some parts of the base that were above ground, this doesn't happen, and then some places were it was below the ground, where this glitch does happen. It bounces in the same way as if you landed a CV inside a forest before all the trees loaded in. The second base we have where this goes really crazy is our base in a cave, we can get the ship there, but when you get out when inside the cave it shoots up out of the cave. Note this does not happen to ships that can dock to a base.

Steps to Reproduce:
    step 1:Land the CV any base area that has been dug or excavated in any way
    step 2: Exit CV
    Step 3: Watch CV Jump like it just saw a spider.

**Editing to note, that any ship that isn't docked will reproduce the same thing, for example, and alliance SV or HV landing but not clamping down will also cause the same problem. or a ship without a landing gear that can't clamp will do the same thing.

6. Steve Lee

Steve Lee Ensign

Having the same issue.
    the CV suddenly believes the rock hasn't been flattened so shifts about, throws you out then rubber-bands 30 feet into the air, coming to a rest on an invisible craggy, higher, rock face.
    The previous rock face renders as part of the LoD when you get far enough away from it, we all know it's still there, until now our ships didn't.
    this always occurs on the described terrain and can be reproduced easily.
    i am hesitant to say that out of respect for the process however, it happens every single time. (cache cleared)

7. Pantera

• Developer
    Thanks for the save I have it downloaded now & will have a check of this.

Edit: Now logged.

Steve Lee likes this.
  8. Pantera

• Developer
    Niolon likes this.
  9. Steve Lee

Steve Lee Ensign

I'm sorry, much to my dismay, distress and disappointment this bug is not fixed.
    Dismay, because there is no way to provide that feedback without writing a new bug report because both the original bug report and the patch release it linked at the end, is closed, for further replies.
    What was a i meant to do?
    also sorry about the prefix, no choice was given
    I have plagiarized the original post, which is linked at the bottom of the page.
    --------------------------------

SERVER NAME: The Backup Plan (Private server)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: BI-776 System - 9

Summary: Exiting Cockpit, player gets ejected out of ship, and ship goes flying ...

Description: Land the CV planet side, on base or landscape, exit the cockpit and get ejected out of the CV and the CV goes bounce into the sky and across the landscape

Steps to Reproduce: Land the CV on landscape or base, exit the cockpit.
    Tried with jetpack on & off, tried with power on & off, tried by waiting a few secs after
    shut off, with same results. happens with multiply different CVs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clipboard02.jpg
    Behold, A CV that initially parked fine, but flung me out of the ship when i dismounted, shifted about because it was stuck in the LoD rockface that's not meant to be there, threw itself in the air and gently nestled upon, this.. the invisible rock face that you can only see when you're far enough away from it.
    There are no floating fragments of rock anywhere on the platform, none that show themselves.
    it's not getting caught on anything other than what it lands `through`

it isn't fixed, i do not complain alot, i rarely post but this bug, having seen it ignored by the team following a fix that you think worked, is putting me off completely and compelled me to repost before throwing the towel. An astonishing game but where's the joy if you can't land.
    Please re open the previous thread: https://empyriononline.com/threads/exiting-cockpit-get-ejected-cv-goes-flying.47105/#post-290600
    and remove this one.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  10. Pantera

• Developer
    I have the save but need to know where, a exact location, this can be reproduced in the save game.
    How reproducible is it ? every single time or randomly sometimes ?

11. Steve Lee

Steve Lee Ensign

It occurs every single time where i am but, i do not play on the same server as he.
    I play on `Barony Gaming`
    Do i have the power to provide you with the file you need or do i need to bide my time on teamspeak and ask the server admin to send me it next time i see them?

12. Pantera

• Developer
    I will need the save game to examine the location.
    Please ask the server owner to supply the save game & info on where this is happening.

13. Tarkhan Zora

Tarkhan Zora Ensign

Hey there Pantera, GM from Barony Gaming, sending you a copy of the save file

Steve Lee likes this.
  14. SirViper

SirViper Ensign

Steve Lee likes this.
  15. Pantera

• Developer
    Steve Lee likes this.
  16. Steve Lee

Steve Lee Ensign

it appears that in this case, it's been fixed.
    i tried to repeat the madness for 5 minutes but was unable to. Thank you.

occasionally when taking off the ship gets stuck in the not-there terrain but that's tolerable
    occasionally when landing, if you land then take off then try to land rapidly.. itll rest on not-there terrain but no matter what i try, it no longer flings you and the ship in opposite directions when you try to dismount.
    Thank you for fixing this error, hopefully this will affect many others too.

17. Pantera

• Developer
    Ok that is good to hear. The getting stuck on invisible 'stuff' is logged already to try to fix when possible using the supplied save game is have from this thread.
    I'll close this thread & a new one should be opened should any other such issue appear.

Steve Lee likes this.