CURRENTLY not reproducible Exiting CV pilot seat while in 3rd person free cam can cause you to fall out of your ship

Discussion in 'Currently not reproducible' started by Ente, May 12, 2022.

1. Ente

Ente Commander

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build:1.7.9 3724
    Mode: dedicated Server
    Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME:-
    SEED-ID:-

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: yes (Reforged Eden)

Reproducibility: sometimes
    Severity: minor

Type: Camera/Controller

Summary: Exiting CV pilot seat while in 3rd person free cam can cause you to fall out of your ship

Description:When you are in 3rd person free cam (started by pressing alt while in 3rd person) of a CV and exit your ship you sometimes experience a short moment where the ship is still aligned to your last camera position and the game takes a few frames to move it into its correct position. Those few frames can (under gravity) be enough for your character to clip through the floor and have you fall out of your CV.
    Happens sometimes, haven't played enough Vanilla reproduce it there. Figured I would still report it because it is annoying and I can't see how this could possibly be the scenarios fault.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Enter a CV pilot seat, start 3rd person free cam
    2) Turn Camera to a 90-180 degree angle from its starting position
    3) Leave the pilot seat via f key.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    stanley bourdon and jmaasing like this.
  2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Please supply a save game setup with your character left seated in a vessel where this can be reliably triggered at least 1 or 2 times out of 5 when loading in & trying your steps:
    When trying for this in MP:
    It hasn't happened a single time for me & I tried on planets & in space playfields.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Ente

Ente Commander

Well I would love to supply a save. But as it only happens 'sometimes' and quite unregularily I am afraid that won't be easy. I will catch a video next time it happens, but since that will probably be on a server I won't be able to supply a save. I also don't think a save would be of much help anyways, since relogging seems to fix it most times.

stanley bourdon likes this.
  4. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

this is an old bug that has been "fixed" at least twice but has never stayed fixed

5. Kats

Kats Lieutenant

I have also experienced that bug on 1.7.9, but after sometime or reloading the save, it just stops.
    Now all my pilot seats are on an elevated glass, just in case I fall; except for the captain chair, since when we get up from it we are actually spawned a little above of the ground.