Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pantera, May 19, 2021.
was it a game started in 1.5?
"I started a new Vanilla game with v1.5 - loving it so far - however, I think I just broke Physics!"
My knowledge on loading other player's saved games is a little rusty. I unpacked your save in my games folder but does not appear in game. Do I have to replace your player folders with mine copied from other save or what?
Loaded it, changed core and tested HV. It performs as you describe. Also the player sitting in the cockpit takes damage while the HV starts "uncontrollable pitching" . So one broken leg and death after a while.
I suggest you build it differently next time.
Thanks for trying it out. I've built various HV's and they've all exhibited this behaviour when heavily, but not excessively, loaded with cargo. I think how I've built this very basic HV has nothing to do with physics breaking. It can lift the weight, it can move the weight, albeit slowly. However, it's the wonky physics that's make the craft unusable. Unloading it slightly helps, so there's some cargo-weight gremlin here. Perhaps the HV shouldn't be able to lift the weight and that's why physics is glitching? I.e. it's going beyond "can't move" and numbers go negative, causing weirdness.
With an SV, the overweight thing works great, we even get a warning saying how overweight we are. HV's need something similar, or at least some way to tell what the game thinks is going wrong.
As an aside, I didn't take damage when the HV was bouncing around. However, I have taken damage - including a broken leg - when just sat there, hovering in said HV. One time, while sat hovering at three metres, I was hearing the sound the play make when they land on foot. It played again and again, sometimes I'd take damage, sometimes not. Couldn't reliably reproduce, so didn't mention it.
After I tested yours, I tested one of mine with similar characteristics, being long etc can carry 32k SU and then some, but with less pitch. It works fine for me , even in a bumpy terrain like in your save game. Find bellow the details.
I've actually scrapped it now. There's seem to be a threshold of potential max lift and cargo weight. I've built a lot of different HV's, many that can take far far more cargo than this one. However, during my testing, they all ultimately exhibit this physics bug. To be clear, I've built such starter HV's before, loaded them up until they exhibit these issues. I've then added better hover engines etc. and they've been fine. I then add more cargo and, eventually, load them up and eventually trigger the physics bug again.
Regardless, this is a game physics issue, not HV design issue. HV's should never behave like this. Too heavy to lift off, sure, sluggish to respond, expected, but random jiggling around and leaning to one side, nope. That's not how a potentially overloaded HV should behave. Something is wrong with the physics when certain thresholds are exceeded.
Edit: quick further point. This HV, when loaded beyond a certain level, will exhibit the physics issues on perfectly flat terrain while just hovering. Trying to move just exaggerates things.
There should be a donate button for this game. I am first to click
Buy extra copies to give to your friends!
Agree, I almost feel a little bad for only paying 10 Bucks on a Halloween Sale a few years ago, playing 1200+ hours and having that much fun!
@Obcy & @Thorwine why not both of you contact EGS and give your donations to the company?
It's not about individual people, it should be something official so that more people notice it and participate...
More people can send money (or buy more copies) without requiring peer approval. For Eleon to get money for no sales while they can still sell games is not advantageaous because they can't deduct production fees from the income, and though I'm not familiar with German fiscal rules I doubt "donations" to a business has any advantage compared to selling products.
The real reason behind wanting this "donation" mechanism to be official appears to me as an attempt to get more leverage for suggestions wether one has made donations or not. Even if this is not the intent, knowing human nature, it will become the issue at some point. I doubt Eleon will be willing to open that pandora box just to be forced to play arbiter for a playerbase polarized on the issue.
How did you get this to work? Same happening to me. Wont show up in saved game list (Folder location/structure verified)
Have no friends.
I know that making comments that are too fanboyish makes some people angry but I agree that after playing 1400+ hours of this game, it's probably the best value in my Steam library (along with Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition) for price and content. I just need to balance my real life better so I keep up writing my book or doing my side projects after work. The game is getting in the way but it's all my fault.
I guess we all need some fun during these harsh times.
So many new stuff , can't wait to try it ...
But did you fixed the anoying freezes on playing multi player every time an NPC shows up?
And please don't tell me is due to conection or server problems cause i also play far more complex games on line with multi player and never seen this anywhere but here, and i've been experiencing this since pre alpha .
Doesn't makes sence you're flying or runing and the game freezes for almost a second to load an NPC that will just pop up over you from nothing and you can't moove when it starts to shoot you!
Please fixe the old bugs first then think in inovate!
I know a few people who will be happy about this one.
Keep in mind, if the cargo boxes are heavier on one side than the other (for example if all the cargo, or cargo with more mass, is in a box on the left side, and not the right), the HV will lean that direction. This is intentional.
If the Cargo box is in the center, it shouldnt lean, unless it's a cargo controller with extensions only (or mostly) on one side of the HV.
Patch: 2021-05-26 v1.5 (Build 3366)
- NOTE: all changes made related to playfields, POI and missions require to start a new savegame as active savegames are not updated!
- Added: Example files on how to use SolarSystemConfig_Defines (check folder ...\Content\RandomPresets )
- Changed: (Starter Temperate) Heavy and rocket drones shall not appear around the Heidelberg wreckage anymore
- Changed: (Starter Temperate) Increased safety zone around Damaged Com Stationa a bit more (Alien Insect spawns pushed a bit further away)
- Changed: (Starter Temperate) Sanctuary is now Polaris property
- Changed: (Crashed Birds) IDA and Kezzel will now remind you to bring the Space Anomalies report with you when entering the Sanctuary. (Otherwise Kezzel will not respond to you)
- Changed: Set AlienBug01V2 (Alien Insect) to Predator faction
- Changed: Drones in Ilmarinen Orbit now set to Pirates (chance to not get attacked when stranding is still ok)
- Changed: Added additional color highlight to the Dialogue at the end of Robinson Protocol II to better indicate where the story continues/starts with Tales of the Past after the RP has finished.
- Changed: (A Glacial Grave) Increased trigger display range on Radar Station for Core Room and 2nd Teleporter Room to avoid confusion on where to the mission continues.
- Changed: (Crashed Birds) Swapped large spiders in Burial Chamber with smaller ones.
- Changed: (UCH Heidelber) Added destroyable walls and jump platforms for rooms you cannot get out without jetpack
- Changed: Removed "PlantHarvest" and "PlantDestroy" from Talon reputation matrix (relates to terrain-deco, not to plants picked in their villages!)
- Changed: Added 'Prelude' story mission chapter for manual activating the story after rejecting Robinson Protocol.
- Changed: (Tales of the Past) Removed trapdoor hatch on Ancient Tower to allow re-entering the tower when dying inside. (Exit was blocked before)
- Small optimization for the wipeinfo file: now the entities are read only if a wipeinfo file is present (please retest quickly if wipe still works)
- Added better error message when there is an entity named wrong in EGroupsConfig.ecf
- PDA - for mission creators: when in Logistics window the fuel or O2 tank is opened in the right grid the PDA can check for WindowOpened, use name as in Logistics window's dropdown (e.g. "[Fuel]")
- GameAnalytics validation fail with custom scenario
- Fixed PDA ChapterComplete GameAnalytics event
- 07924: Unban issue with short session monitoring
- Fixed: When rejecting the Robinson Protocol a marker was placed that did not vanish.
- Fixed: (Starter Temperate) Talon/Troopers in some starter POI were set to a too high level for the temperate starter planet
- Fixed (Starter Temperate) warning sign in sanctuary was active although alert was not triggered
- Fixed: (Robinson Protocol I) Apollon log were not made visible in Journeybook (F1)
- Fixed: (Tales of the Past) medical ingredients were given twice
- Fixed text issues on mission and tutorial dialogues
- Fixed: (Uncertain Outcomes) debriefing set player to Trading Station instead of Waystation
- Fixed: (Crashed Birds) Burial chamber wooden door not breakable
- Fixed an exploit with traders
- SpaceMap: fixed ring around planet being too dark
- SpaceMap: fixed problem that icon of structures disappeared when you approached a POI and then it got DSL'ed after travelling away from it again
- 07927: Sector info class data is corrupted
- 07919: Drones are missing their destroyed state
Nice, starting new game to kick the tires now.