PLZ Retest and Re-Report F4 UI does NOT respond

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by wimpy, Aug 15, 2021.

1. wimpy

wimpy Commander

Build: latest v1.5.6
    Mode: singleplayer scenario, project eden
    Mode:

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: 2464519802

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: always
    Severity: GAME BREAKING

Type:

Summary: The F4 UI does NOT work. I get 1-2 clicks in the UI before the UI freezes and has to be closed and reopened. Clicking on an item icon or a drop down or scrolling will cause the F4 UI to freeze. At one point a mouse over tip even got stuck on screen, but other then the one time the mouse overs even stop working after a few seconds in the F4 menu.

Edit: a whole lot more has gone crazy in this save, double images on ship effects(thrusters and glowies), ghost drones + transports until they get low to the ground. Drones, turrets and npc sometimes do nothing as if they are unaware of an enemy.

Description: So I was taking apart a capital vessel I built when I removed the last block except for the core piece, the core shot off into the unknown. The cv now shows in the registry as being on the same planet except it is 138000 LY years away. Since this the F4 UI has gone bonkers.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Press F4 and try to use to the UI, selecting drop downs or moving items or scrolling will freeze it up.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    onedrive link to save game + vid of ghosting transport, ai doing nothing, and thruster effect bug: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuZEgrwUyL14g6UnnaaO0wv9BWJ_Nw?e=sM4sEW
    screenshots of ship registry 138k LY away on same planet, mouse over stuck on screen, and one of the console with a ui scroll red warning. Ship In Unknown.jpg UI stuck on screen 2.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  2. wimpy

wimpy Commander

UI stuck on screen.jpg console.jpg screenshots

3. wimpy

wimpy Commander

Seems to break on the right hand side of the UI more often then the left side. In this screenshot you can see the drop downs have disappeared from the right side UI. No drop downs.jpg

4. wimpy

wimpy Commander

Ship effects are getting a double image. That gets turned off with the F6 hud. Double Image HV1.jpg Double Image HV2.jpg

5. wimpy

wimpy Commander

6. wimpy

wimpy Commander

All of this is only occurring in this save, other saves seem to be fine.

Also, after the UI started going wonky I tried to do a backup that froze the game completely. Task manager showed Unity crash handler but the game was just stuck. After 5 mins or so I clicked stop in steam and it shut down ended the program.