Faction reputation loss confirmation prompt should be shown on crops like it is for containers

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by andargor, Jun 28, 2020.

1. andargor

andargor Commander

When you pick up a crop from a faction, accidentally or not, you instantly drop to Neutral or worse, even if you were Honored. When you open a container, you get a prompt to confirm, but not crops.

Surely this is a bug, I thought. But no:

https://empyriononline.com/threads/...ion-loss-when-harvesting-faction-crops.94276/

I was floored by the response. How can this be intentional? I had this one vendor sitting right next to crops in a trading station, an error and boom, all that rep gone.

This is very inconsistent and illogical.

Germanicus likes this.
  2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Here - Evidence - you are right - >

Crop Steal Test_2020-06-28_07-34-05.png Crop Steal Test_2020-06-28_07-34-00.png

3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

So, if you have found a Place where this warning does not show up - Screenshot please, state Base type/name - use Console command di
    and look what the ID/name of the Base is.

4. @Germanicus I'm pretty sure they are talking about the popup and not the red text. There is no pop up with the crops but there is a pop up with containers.

Sorry about the large images. I can't figure out how to use Steam images but have them appear smaller on the forum.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the pop up when trying to open.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No pop up with crops. Just instant rep loss. Very easy to accidentally collect them.
    [​IMG]

andargor and Germanicus like this.
  5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Oh well, if Thiefs - if intentional or not - would always have a 2nd Warning before grabbing what doesn't belong to them...the world would be a better place :rolleyes:.

So yes, no Pop-Up warning for Plants. Question is: Do we always need TWO warnings before touching anything? Really?

It can happen "by accident" of course but maybe next time you know it and approach the Trader in Question from a different angle to avoid this issue.

6. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

As I said the popup box. The box that asks of you really want to open it yes or no is ONLY on containers

The red txt you see right top in your screen is on containers AND plants.

The OP wrote a report about the popup missing on plants.

What's not a bug

Germanicus likes this.
  7. Well it's not always as simple as being more careful.
    That red text is only on screen for a couple of seconds. If you keep your mouse on it for a couple seconds that red warning disappears.
    So for POI's where there is a trader right next to the crops it's very easy to have your mouse on the trader, have the mouse move one pixel accidentally, and completely miss the red warning that you are now focused on the crops.

That warning should really be on screen as long as I'm still looking at the item that will drop my reputation but it isn't. It's only on the screen for a very limited amount of time.

Like this screenshot below. I'm still looking at the crops and if I pick them my rep will instantly drop, but since my mouse has been looking at the crops for 3-4 seconds I no longer get a red warning. It was there originally but it VERY quickly disappears.
    The only way for me to know it will drop my rep now is if I look away from the crops and then look back at them again. This warning shouldn't disappear while I'm still looking at it, and especially not so fast.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2020
    andargor likes this.
  8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

@krazzykid2006 I hear ya!:)

And still... If someone did it once...and does not care the consequences...he will do it again, without a second thought wasted.
    Others might think before doing the same error twice.
    And if someone is not sure what to do ....Quote Yoda:" Do or do not! There is no Try!";)

To be able to learn from errors you have first to experience one.

And as @Taelyn™ said: No Bug - works as intended. Plants does not show a second, to be confirmed - warning. IMO its OK that way.

Taelyn likes this.
  9. andargor

andargor Commander

Sorry, that makes no sense to me. How could such an inconsistent enforcement of reputation loss not be a bug? The UI works differently for the user for the same effective action with a major in-game consequence. That, in my book, is a bug.

@others Yes, I was specifically talking about the pop-up prompt

10. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

A bug is a game mechanic that doesnt function well

The game mechanic in this works as we build it.

What you want to look for is a feature request ;)

Germanicus likes this.
  11. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Plants and containers are different. The second warning is probably hooked into the container code.

I agree, though, the warning should probably be on both

andargor likes this.
  12. andargor

andargor Commander

Semantics. I give up.