Filling oxygen bar...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Repeadeik, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Repeadeik

Repeadeik Ensign

So i am having a little trouble with this, i have read multiple guides, videos and even the starting guide in this section of the forum. but they all seem to start with a ship that has an oxygen station.

when i start the game i have an escape pod with an inventory i can take items from and nothing else, i have placed my oxygen generator in water, have oxygen bottles etc but can not find any way to make an oxygen station. i am playing on the "easy" planet.

2. Maddreg

Maddreg Lieutenant

Press "O" button to open tech tree menu, there are several bookmarks on the top of it like "small vessel", "base" etc. When you level up (you can check your current exp by pressing "I" button, its below your avatar) you gain points which you can use to learn new technologies. So you need to learn how to build oxygen station and other stuff. If I am not mistaken you can produce small oxygen bottles in your emergency constructor

3. Happytrees

Happytrees Ensign

Yeah basically how it works is you have 2 options. You can A) Use the emergency constructor to craft small oxygen bottles, which only restore 50 oxygen as opposed to the 200 that a normal tank uses, but they can be used without having to go to the station, good in the beginning to have 10 or so in your inventory. Or B) Use your first unlock points to get a small oxygen tank/the oxygen station. To use those, you have to hook up a base with power, then place the tank and station down and fill the tank up with oxygen, after that you just activate the station and stand near it to regain oxygen.

Also if you're on Akua just take your helmet off and you won't drain oxygen.

4. Navonil Mukherjee

but remember though if you in any ship without oxygen tank..you will use up oxygen from your suit...no matter what outside atmosphere like....

5. SilensVentus

SilensVentus Ensign

If I read your post correctly, you are saying you need to have an oxygen tank and station on a ship, otherwise you use up oxygen from "suit" - that is slightly mis-leading. You constantly use up oxygen, but you can take off helmet as long as you are in the cockpit on any planet and/or in space without fear of dying (and rate of use slows down) The station itself does produce oxygen for you to breathe in the environment. It supplies a location to manually refill your suit. Also slight correction to what " Happytree" stated - while you CAN leave your helmet off on Akua, you still do drain oxygen from your "supply". Although the drain rate is very slow.

Just wanted to clarify a little more for the OP.

6. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

When you are walking around on Akua with your helmet off, you do not use any of your oxygen supplies.

7. Navonil Mukherjee

http://empyrion.gamepedia.com/Hover_Vessel_(Guide)#Hover_Vessel_-_Q.26A

8. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Captain

This is correct.

If inside of a cockpit or passenger seat on Akua, you will consume oxygen even with no helmet because the cockpits and passenger seats are airtight.

9. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Captain

For the record:

The guides for a ship with oxygen etc are outdated. In previous versions of Empyrion (3.6 and older) you didn't start in an escape capsule; there was an SV which was an "escape pod" which spawned next to you. The Escape Pod was damaged and couldn't fly, but it had everything else you'd need, including a constructor and an oxygen station. Back then you just used the Oxygen Station on the old Escape Pod to re-air.

Of course, now, you start with an O2 generator and a survival constructor. This survival constructor is the key to, well, surviving early on if you're on Omicron.
    Here's what you do for oxygen:

- Use the survival constructor to turn your oxygen bottles into small O2 bottles.
    - When you reach level 3, research the O2 station and O2 tank. Now use them, they are much more efficient than small O2 bottles. Research O2 generator if you want to increase bottle production and to be able to research water generator (which is level 5). Build O2 tanks in stacks of two.
    - Research large O2 tanks at level 10, replace your stacks of small tanks with large ones.

If you're on Akua, instead do the following:

- Don't wear your helmet whenever you're out and about.
    - Invest in an O2 generator ASAP. This will allow you to research the water generator which is very important for making medkits.
    - Don't invest in an O2 station and O2 tanks unless you believe you are using enough oxygen to warrant it, or if you're about to go off-planet. An O2 station and large tanks - several large tanks - are a must for a CV.

And that's it! Use the survival constructor and other constructors to turn your oxygen bottles into small O2 bottles.

10. jwturp85

jwturp85 Lieutenant

Thanks for clarifying, MechP - I, too, have been trying to figure out why my escape pod was only a container and kept disappearing.