Finding Ore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by requiemdios, Mar 26, 2020.

1. requiemdios

requiemdios Ensign

I haven't played in awhile so I must have missed some new mechanics. I have an ore scanner (visor) and a detector mounted on my hover craft. I can see the red bars on my HUD while driving around in the hover craft. But I can find the ore, I just drive towards the red bars, then they vanish. I tried hopping out and running around with the visor, but nothing. What am I missing?

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

A change from SSOR to Voxel in the Vanilla Game - from those below surface Rocks to a layer. it cant be detected with the Ore Scanner, at least not yet. The change was with the upgrade of the Unity Game engine to a more recent version (2019.2 I believe).

3. SifVerT

SifVerT Commander

I've got the feeling the detector also leads you to POIs etc. You may receive some interference.

The ore scanner only works for the deposits where the ore is stored in cylinder shaped ore containers underground and not when the ores are based on the terrain, so called voxel-based.

4. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Captain

Germanicus likes this.
  5. SifVerT

SifVerT Commander

Unless they changed how they look they sure looked like blue cylinders to me. Haven't used them for quite some time though.

You probably got the Ore Scanner and Detector mixed up. The detector yes I was saying I thought it does detect both POIs and deposits, actually I was pretty certain about it.

6. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Captain

Your right about the Scanner , my bad. It was more about first link. I had put up about the ore. It was mainly for the OP.
    It didn't help that next door had lite a fire to burn off branches and stuff. Plus the fact the flames were so high it caught the trees out back on fire.:eek: The fire dept is here putting the fire out. Luckily it didn't spread to my trees in my yard. So yeah I might had gotten a few things mixed up. :rolleyes:;):D

SifVerT and Germanicus like this.