Known Issue First Talon mission - shooting the inmate makes him disappear

Discussion in 'Known Issues' started by Akaza, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Akaza

Akaza Ensign

Build: v1.7.1.1 3639
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

Reproducibility: Always (I think)
    Severity: Minor

Type: Mission
    Mission: Story > Talon > The Legacy > The Inmate

Summary:
    During the first story mission you are tasked with speaking to an inmate. Hurting the inmate causes him to disappear, making it impossible to complete the mission and start the next one.

Description:
    This is a simple case of "bad mission design". The mission takes you to some underground compound, and like a scene from Doom or Half-Life, there are enemies around every corner. You are sneaking through tunnels fighting the infected. I get to the final door. I ready my weapon, because the game has now spent a lot of time teaching me that if I open this door, a dangerous enemy will attack me. Just like the previous two doors I have opened. So, I open the door, and lo and behold, I see the legs of some creature coming in to view as the door rises up. I immidiately open fire on them. Then, once the creature is long gone and the door is fully open, the game tells me - oh, yeah, you know the guy you just murdered? You should talk to him.

Steps to Reproduce: Shoot the inmate. He will despawn, rendering the mission impossible to complete.

I know I can complete steps manually, but in doing so, the next step also bugs out (the compound does not explode as advertised), the whole thing is marked as completed and I can not start the next mission.