First time setup

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by RazzleWin, May 23, 2020.

1. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Two days ago a hot fix had been applied so the build is sitting at 2914.

I started my current game right after the hot fix.
    Yesterday I didn't play at all. Was just a bad day for me. Anyways so this morning I started the game to keep going with my game. I got the message when starting the game.
    First time setup
    Installing Microsoft VC Redist Rackage 1 of 2
    When the game started up my save game was still there and I was able to play it.

elmo likes this.
  2. elmo

elmo Captain

I also got that message on starting up my game this morning. I haven't a clue what it is or what it is for.

3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I get the message always after verifying the Files by STEAM.(After I cleaned Cache I verify the files)

elmo likes this.
  4. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

I didn't do anything like that this morning or yesterday. I did clear my cache before I started the game for the first time 2 days ago when phase 4 dropped as was suggested. That message had never showed up on my starting the game for the first time that day.
    This is the first time I have ever seen that message in all the time I have played this game.

5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

If you google "Microsoft VC Redist Rackage" you'll find that this Crap happens at least since 2012. Most of it is to a degree STEAM Related/Games.

6. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Well I will wait and see what the dev's have to say if anything. It's odd that it happen to two people. Not unheard of, just odd. I never verified my files with steam and my game had played fine before today. Just as it's playing fine now. So this isn't a PANIC:eek: Oh No the game is broken message, just a statement of what has happen :)

Germanicus likes this.