Found another griefer

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by arg821, Sep 28, 2016.

1. arg821

arg821 Commander

Hi all,

Found a griefer on our server today. Username = Wookie, steam ID = 76561198333679682

This player is somehow able to walk around on a PvE starter planet, and completely destroy someone's base, leaving nothing but drop containers in his wake. Also, while he was not in a faction, the playfield name was blank when looking at the users connected.

I teleported to near where he was. I did not want this user to realise I was an admin, so I kept him only *just* in radar range. I followed him for a while. There *was* a base here not long ago, below is the picture of what it looks like now. He barely even stopped to do this damage.
    Check_this.jpg

I teleported in front of him, this time just outside of radar range, and headed straight for him. As soon as we got within radar range he headed away from me again. I did this a couple of times, same reaction, before he logged off - probably figured someone was following, and possible with admin privs.

He logged back on 5 mins later, so I just banned him (for quite some time!). Still didn't want him to know who the admin was in case he comes back another time.

This was on an Aussie server as well if this helps any other Aussie admins .... watch out for this user.

Andy.

=TCR= Big_Red likes this.
  2. Shadow Cyndergate

Shadow Cyndergate Ensign

I want to say thank you. He hit the RennTech server today as well and caused havok, if it wasn't for you we would of been trying to solve it for a bit longer. Thank you for warning us.

3. Neo Corricon

Neo Corricon Ensign

Confirmed. Logs correlate this player was the hacker.

4. Ortho

Ortho Ensign

Our server was hit by this guy last night. Destroyed everything.

03-06:37:36.332 -LOG- [CM] Player 76561198333679682/'Wookie' logged off
    03-06:37:36.332 -LOG- [CM] Player 76561198333679682/'Wookie' - client 60 disconnected

5. SoCalExile

SoCalExile Captain

Yeah he hit the server I play on too. Seems like a script kiddie running hacks on the client side. It's a rather pointless exercise on his part if your admin regularly does backups. Just remind your admin to re-ban him after he restores.

6. DeadSchism

DeadSchism Lieutenant

Well he's still at it. Just hit the server I was playing on yesterday and I noticed something odd. One of the bases he destroyed left a core behind (seemingly indestructible), and it may be a clue as to how he destroys entire bases so quickly. About every 7 seconds or so an army of little robots, just like the ones you can find in drone bases, kept spawning. No spawners within, well anywhere as far as i know, but here they were every 7 or so seconds spawning in waves of probably 50 or more..I didn't bother to count as my CV was constantly laying down minigun fire and I was in "gtfo" mode. Hope this helps solve the wookie riddle and hopefull get this kid banned for life. He's really annoying. On a side note, he only seems to hit the PVE starting planets. My base and CV were untouched on Masperon while the whole of Akua was wiped out.

7. badboybubble

badboybubble Ensign

Well jackowacko Just hit the server I was playing on with an army of little robots

8. DeadSchism

DeadSchism Lieutenant

Well I'm pretty ssure this Wookie toon is going under different names. He hit yet another server I was playing on not 10 minutes ago and this time the player's name was "barry". After someone calling him out on it his name suddenly changed to "Wilson". He never logged off to change any names it was just changed from one second to the next. He also somehow gets into factions without sending an invitation or being accepted by the owner or admin. Still he's easily recognized by the lack of a playfield even when not in a faction and the unusually high ping (200+). Still waiting on Eleon to do something about this guy. There's plenty of ways to avoid him and keep your stuff that isnt bolted to the ground nice and safe. I would recommend having an SV ready incase he shows up so you can pack all your stuff and head to orbit. It doesnt seem like he can get off the starting planets so I would make it priority #1 to get off Akua or Omicron or whatever name the starting planets happen to be on various servers because it seems like hes still limited to the player based rules of needing an SV to get off the ground. Hope this helps some of you out there who've encountered this little A-hole and some ways I've found to mostly avoid him even if he does make an appearance.

9. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

Banned that player ID from my server before bad things can happen ^_^

If anyone else has a 'blacklist' of griefers and hackers, I'd love to have it!

XeroTerragoth likes this.
  10. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

We should honestly have a thread stickied to avoid these players. Would be nice to have a central blacklist or forum for operators of dedicated servers in general?

11. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

It would be abused too easily.

12. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

Wookie hit Destiny today. He altered our POIs and added underground alien weapons to destroy player bases and ships. Our PVE planets were completely destroyed. He is banned from Destiny now and should now know that shooting at the admin that followed him while he was teleporting was not a bright idea.

stimdealer0001 likes this.
  13. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

Nice dude! Yeah the same guy hit my server couple days ago. Luckily I had a backup and restored any damages in just a few seconds.

His steam ID, if you need it, is 76561198333679682

14. Neo Corricon

Neo Corricon Ensign

He is back with another steam account/ID or someone else has found this exact same hack.
    Please share if you find the new steam ID. We will do so if we catch him in the act.

15. SoCalExile

SoCalExile Captain

16. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

17. SoCalExile

SoCalExile Captain

Well that's interesting since I pre-banned him via his Steam ID when I started the server a few weeks back.

18. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

Yep, he's right here on my ban list:

- Id: 76561198333679682
    Until: 2101-12-02T16:25:48.0660032-07:00

19. SoCalExile

SoCalExile Captain

So he was able to unban himself? Why would changing Steam name do this when he's banned by Steam ID?

20. dichebach

dichebach Captain

*Sigh* another developer with too much time on their hands . . . Com'n dude. You got the skills. Why don't you get a job and get paid for using them instead of just causing Eleon and their customers trouble?

You made your point: you found a backdoor into anyone's server, why don't you share that information in a PM with Eleon Staff and act like a human being instead of a savage child. The two characteristics are incongruous and you know it.