More Info needed Freeze on start up...

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by JeWxGuy, Feb 14, 2020.

1. JeWxGuy

JeWxGuy Ensign

I bought this game when it first came out it ran just fine. I stopped playing for a while but downloaded it the other day, but when I started the game it froze on loading screen and the loading circle moves a little then freezes with ver above it. I can hear music playing but when I click the wait or close window pops up. so I tried the game in alpha 8 and 7 both worked. but I would like to play on newest version.... I have tried every fix I could find on here, steam etc etc. I have sent an email to devs but thought I would hop on here to see if anyone could help me, I will attach logs for the 3 versions.

Attached Files:

2. theonetruefox

theonetruefox Ensign

I have the same problem, I usually just give it 4 or 5 minutes while I do something else (alt+tab) and when I come back it's ready to go. It constantly gives me a "low memory" warning and I dropped the settings down which lessened the time, but it's a pretty resource heavy game. You should just try waiting and see what happens.

3. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    How much free & available RAM is there when you are starting the game ? can you close down all unnecessary programs to free up as much as possible.

What is your windows page file setup to ?

Is the game installed on a SSD ?

With only 8GB of RAM this is could be to do with how much is free & available when you are trying to start the game.
    & I presume you have already gone through trying out what is here:
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/...-requirements-known-issues.47082/#post-296904

Germanicus likes this.