Filed / Tracking Console & log reposition message spam after salvaging vessels [7791]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Brushes, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Brushes

Brushes Ensign

I made a new world; was mining some rock with the survival gun and EGS froze. I could still hear audio loop for about 1min after but could not close/end app. For about 20 seconds I could switch to other tabs on my pc but could not open task manager and ctrl+alt+del did nothing. Eventually the pc stopped responding and i had to hard reboot, which resulted in dos asking for a boot drive! I let the comp rest for a while and started up to windows.... gave me a real scare there!

- version 1.3.3 3209
    - Save was a little older than when it crashed but nothing was lost or weird in the world.
    - No crash reports were generated
    - I think the crash was related to a 'damaged hoverbike' i salvaged. The game says it fell through the world in the client log 860 times. I saw its tag start flying around after i salvaged the last bit.

Attached Files:

2. Brushes

Brushes Ensign

I salvaged a small vessel and noticed its signal fell through the terrain also. My PC began slowing after about 30 seconds of that and the tilde menu had LOTS of yellow 'object beyond borders' or some such.

Currently im settling with we cannot fully salvage things without the game crashing, hard.

3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Is this on a Server or in SP?
    If in SP you can help yourself by opening the Console and look what ID is listed in there - its rather a Spam message all over
    type in
    destroy .... (replace the Dots with the ID number of the salvaged Vessel)

Be careful and look twice that you take the right ID - otherwise its possible that you destroy your active Vessel

Anyway there seems to be a fix coming for that with the current Experimental Version

4. Brushes

Brushes Ensign

Awesome, thanks! Hopefully the patch works.

and it's happening for me on SP.

Germanicus likes this.
  5. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Build: 3258
    Mode: N/A

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 2261970

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial

Type: Console logs

Summary: Console spam if you scrap the Damaged Hoverbike or UHC Dart

Description: If you completely scrap either the Damaged Hoverbike or the Damaged UHC Dart using the multitool the console will fill with the same error message every time you get within render distance of where it was.

Steps to Reproduce: Scrap either the Damaged Hoverbike or the Damaged UHC Dart using the multitool.

20210203182027_1.jpg

6. Kaloriaa

Kaloriaa Commander

Yikes that is a bad bug. I'd say severity is higher then Trivial cause spam. I hate spam.

Brushes likes this.