Game crash report

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Ente, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Ente

Ente Commander

While I am afraid I can't provide much in terms of reproducible information either, I also have a problem with constant crashes since the last patch. From what I observered it somehow seems to be related to blowing up blocks. Tends to happen once my first salvos hit Blocks/Devices in a fight. Might be related to the latest explosion shenanigans?
    I have had it happen when I attacked space POIs with a CV and also in one case while mining some ore inside a poi.

I play on a multiplayer server with Reforged Eden. I added some logs from my latest series of crashes, occured while attacking a po named "alien structure" (I guess thats a reforeged eden POI). The first two logs are from crashes during the fight against the poi, the last log is from mining the poi.

No idea whether that helps, but thats at least what I have for now.

Attached Files:

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Does it happen for you when playing on a server that doesn't use RE ?
    Do you have a crash folder that generated after this happened ?
    Try looking in either of these 2 locations:
    C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\LocalLow\Eleon Game Studios\Empyrion - Galactic Survival
    C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Temp\Eleon Game Studios\Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Ente

Ente Commander

Never played multiplayer outside RE, so I am afraid I dont have a server or character where I could test it.
    No crash folders in the mentioned places.

It is also a somewhat unusual crash, as far as my crash-experience with Empyrion goes. The game just stops responding, you get the circle-of-death windows mousecursor and after a few seconds it throws you back to windows without any kind of error message.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Captain

Interesting that you mention this. I was just messing around in a RE survival game that I had switched to creative to test stuff in and when I was busy blowing up my creation with a debug rocket launcher windows completely locked up on me. I had no choice but to do a hard reset and reboot. I couldn't find anything in the games logs or in windows event viewer that would indicate what the problem was.

This was in v1.5.3 by the way. I haven't seen it in 1.5.5 but I also haven't gone out of my way to test it either.

5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

strange enough..your Client says in the last line that it has created a Folder there...
    A crash has been intercepted by the crash handler. For call stack and other details, see the latest crash report generated in:
    * C:/Users/Wolf/AppData/Local/Temp/Eleon Game Studios/Empyrion - Galactic Survival/Crashes

6. Ente

Ente Commander

It didnt however. I have only one subfolder under ..Temp\Eleon Game Studios\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Crashes , which is empty and from february.

7. Ente

Ente Commander

And another crash, this time from creative, so definately no explosions involved this time. It is however again a scenario, the Reforged Creative Studio 1.5.

There might also be a slight chance that this is caused by defective RAM on my side, which is something I still have to check with a more solid tool to rule it out completely (at least the win 10 built-in tool however found no errors).

Attached Files:

8. Pantera

• Developer
    All you did was load into the scenario right no particular actions ?

You can try memtest out search for "If there is a memory/RAM error found it could indicate a faulty RAM module." near the bottom of this post for more info:

https://empyriononline.com/threads/troubleshooting-guide.98133/#post-386057

9. Ente

Ente Commander

I did add/remove a few standard blocks to a rather big CV I am currently building. Combat Steel, so nothing Reforged Eden Specific.
    Thanks, there are a lot of good ideas in this post, even though I am alread aware of memtest. I already had a short 1-Pass run without errors. Will let it run over night to get more passes to be sure.
    I also have occasional BSODs, so that might be a different face of the same problem.

10. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I mentioned it before, somewhere else, but if your System has "Schluckauf" you can also try to use ->
    https://resplendence.com/whocrashed_help
    It reads only Dump files such as Mini Dump and Crash Reports saved by Windows. It helped me to figure out that the crashes of my Laptop where not caused by my RAM.

11. Ente

Ente Commander

Ok it seems at least in my case it is the RAM (or perhaps even the motherboard). Running memtest86+ over night brought up a couple errors. Those errors only showed up in areas above the 8GB mark, which may explain why so far only empyrion seems to be affected. There aren't really a lot of games that use that much memory.

So thanks for the help and sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

electriclimbo83 and Germanicus like this.
  12. Pantera

• Developer
    Thanks for confirming & good luck with a new RAM kit if you RMA your current kit/sticks.
    I know what it's like I had faulty RAM around 2019 that would only trigger when it got to around 15/16GB in use & got a new kit from g.skill after I sent the faulty kit for an RMA which has been running smooth since I got it.

electriclimbo83 and Germanicus like this.