Game Freeze with helmet, inventory, bike, gamestart etc...

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Hello everyone!

With 4.1 we have worked a lot on the issue of Game-Freezing. For everyone who still hast this problem, we have created this thread to post the issue.

Please try this in advance:

1. Make sure you have updated your game to the most recent version

2a To make sure everything is tidied up, please perform a CLEAN INSTALL first: https://eleon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/208709329-CLEAN-Install

2b If this does not help, please give this a try:

Basically go to where your Empyrion.exe file is stored. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Create shortcut of EACLauncher.exe, right click it, select properties, in the "Target" field add a space after the final " and then type -force-d3d9. Click apply, and okay. Then open Empyrion from your EACLauncher.exe shortcut you just made and edited.

3. Now start a new CREATIVE or SURVIVAL game

Note: Do NOT resume any old game or a savegame you had the issue with.

4. If the game keeps crashing, make sure to set graphic options to "half texture resolution"
    • You need to go back-to-desktop and restart the game for this to take effect.
    • Also start another NEW Creative game and do NOT resume previous troubled games!
    6. If the game keeps crashing, please submit a ticket at support.empyriongame.com and...
    - add the client.log file to your report
    - add a dxdiag file to your report
    - add a description to your report in WHICH situation the crashes happen

Do NOT post your logs to the forum as they need to be filed in our internal database!

Where to find the client.log:

A Client Log looks like this: Client_160815-124614-54.log

The Client_*.log is always saved in a folder with the build-ID

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs\677

Example: 677 = current public version 4.1.0 build 677

If the game gets updated to a new version, a new build-ID folder will be created.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  2. Mark Maul

Mark Maul Ensign

Step 2b is working for me. The first step had the same result. Using the shortcut with the -force command has the game working as expected for me.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. NeilF

NeilF Lieutenant

Is this issue still applicable?

Today I started getting complete video freezes while player Empyrion (complete blue video freeze and had to reset my PC each time). Up until now for weeks not a problem.

I updated my drivers to the latest AMD driver today which might be a coincidence of course.

Anyway, I was in a new area near the crashed Titan and I believe while opening a cargo container I had a complete blue screen lock up. I then had 2-3 more another of which was while looking at the cargo container in my ship.

I've now lost all my save games putting me back earlier in the week.

1) Does this sound like an issue with Empyrion, and not my PC?
    2) Is there anything I can do to get my corrupt (now missing) save games back?
    3) Is there anything I can do to prevent this? (ps: I've set the textures to half as per the first email). I assume the game auto updates as it's through Steam?

ps: Windows 10 & a Radeon HD 7870XT

4. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Commander

If you start a new game, does this issue persist?
    I assume single player (and multiplayer?)
    Was this a Savegame from 4.3 or earlier?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.