Fixed Getting Technical Artifact doesn't advance quest [7983]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Pach, May 29, 2021.

1. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Build: 3366
    Mode: SinglePlayer
    Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: 272553

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: None

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Minor

Type: Quest

Summary: Getting Technical Artifact doesn't advance quest

Description:

@Hummel-o-War :
    This happened again in 3366 (I didn't post a report before, as I didn't have the saves, but this time, taking a gamble, I saved before, and recorded, and sure enough it happened again... although this time, the spiders did indeed spawn, lol) Hopefully, you can figure out why from all the attached...

When going into the ruins for the Technical Artifact for Kezzel, picking up the Artifact doesn't always trigger the quest.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Load the attached "pre" save file.
    2. Go in the "back door" as shown in the attached video (preferably without getting bitten as often as I did in the video!)
    3. When you get to the bottom, loot crates in the same way/order.
    4. If it's reproducable, you will end up with the artifact in your inventory... but the quest will not trigger.
    5. A copy of the save file after getting the artifact and being in the "broken" state is also attached (the "post" save file).

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Link to save file before going in for the artifact:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Q2-E1Y-7CzfI-5s6pwBAiCOsk2tScdO/view?usp=sharing

Link to save file in the broken state, after getting the artifact, but quest not advanced:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S3XRRUbkhpMBnzZpoifOaX4QUATnCSYG/view?usp=sharing

Link to video showing the path taken to get to the broken state:

2. GaryTheBeer

GaryTheBeer Ensign

I had this as well, but thought there was more than one artifact to get - then forgot to go back and repro, so thanks for adding this. :)

Pach likes this.
  3. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

... well, if you are getting it, too, then it's not just me, and hopefully, they can reproduce it and fix it... :)

GaryTheBeer and Germanicus like this.
  4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

No, not just you. I got the same yesterday.:rolleyes:

GaryTheBeer and Pach like this.
  5. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    I could not reproduce the issue, but I had a suspicion. I will add a fix for the next EXP version (mid/end of week) and would like to ask you to run the mission again with a fresh (!!) savegame then. :)

Pach likes this.
  6. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

...as I always do;):D

Pach likes this.
  7. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Still present in 3375. Reproduced exactly the same way.

Need more files? because I did the exact same thing I did before (going in the POI the same way).

Germanicus likes this.
  8. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Can you please describe how to reproduce either all what you did besides following the quest? Like exit game, walk somewhere else or similar non-story task things?

i am afraid I have no clue yet what is ging wrong as I cannot reproduce it locally :/

9. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

I'm pretty sure it's *how* I'm going into the POI. If you look at the video I posted, I'm going in an odd way (edit: and also looting in a particular pattern in that final room).

If there are sensors to trigger it, I may be inadvertently missing the field that triggers them.

I also am doing this on Arid start, if that makes a difference.

Germanicus likes this.
  10. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    There are no sensors. The only thing that "breaks" is the PDA not detecting what you picked up. No other mechanic is hidden there - not in the POI and not in the PDA. Thats what makes that issue so strange (same accounts to the bridge console not being accessible and not getting an appointment. I think the issue is the same or simlar in all three cases.. now I need to find the link between them) :D

Germanicus likes this.
  11. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

@Hummel-o-War I thought I saw (in one time it worked) that there is a message that pops up when you get close to the crates. IDA tells you something like "these are the crates Kezzel mentioned" or somesuch.

I don't get that message either when it breaks. So it may be breaking on THAT step.

Germanicus likes this.
  12. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Ok, I am NOT sure if I found the actual reason, but all issues described can be triggered by exiting the game ahead of the action that does not resolve after resuming the same savegame. Will add this to the bug reports *fingers crossed*

Germanicus and Pach like this.
  13. Did you test with both fully shutting the game down in between AND only exiting to main menu?

This may be the bug we've been reporting to you for months now where things aren't unloading correctly when only exiting to main menu and reloading.
    You have to fully shut the game down in between loading different saves or issues like this happen (even if it's the same save it causes issues).

It's not a minor bug like it's being treated as, it's a major one.

14. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    It was enough to go back to the main menu. Resuming the save then did not advance the action already. Shutting down entirely was not required, but also showed the same issue.

Germanicus and Pach like this.
  15. Zenopath

Zenopath Lieutenant

Quick question, are you using a logistics network? I've found this "bug" happens to me because I was automatically moving stuff to my HV, then it's "fixed" when I grab the artifact and move it from my HV back into player inventory. I apologize if this isn't the case, but it's the "did you turn it off and back on?" of quest bugs troubleshooting.

Pach and Germanicus like this.
  16. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    The artifact needs to be in the player inventory - moving it to the HV won't trigger the action.. but as soon as you put it in your inventory, the PDA will check that :)

Pach likes this.
  17. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Negative. I'm opening the crate and using the button to move everything over to my inventory directly.

Germanicus likes this.
  18. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    A fix for this will be available in the next release.

Pach and Germanicus like this.