Global Gameplay Bug Reports: Alpha 6.3.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

PLEASE read the FAQs before reporting bugs that may just be gameplay changes.

[READ FIRST] Alpha 6.0 - Gameplay FAQ
    [READ FIRST] Alpha 6.0 - FAQ for BUILDERS
    [READ FIRST] Alpha 6.0 - FAQ for MP & CUSTOMIZATION & SCENARIO

-----------------
    PLEASE REPORT crashes, CoQ, freezes over here:

- Game crashes/Freezes at START Menu/Access Violation (0xc0000005) over here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/p...start-menu-access-violation-0xc0000005.11617/

PLEASE REPORT issues that do not relate to a GLOBAL gameplay mechanic, but are due to the setup of a scenario over here:

- Issues with SCENARIO "Dawn of Galaxy": http://empyriononline.com/threads/official-scenario-dawn-of-the-galaxy.12058/
    - Issues with SCENARIO "Invaders vs. Defenders": http://empyriononline.com/threads/official-scenario-invaders-vs-defenders.12060/
    - Issues with TUTORIAL: http://empyriononline.com/threads/official-scenario-tutorial.12059/

-----------------

PLEASE READ FIRST!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE ALWAYS add the corresponding CLIENT.LOG file! You can find it in the /LOGS folder with the appropriate version name (e.g. version folder with 1022 is for version 6.x build 1022). Please do NOT copy the contents of the Client.log files to this thread!

IF you are the server owner, please zip the corresponding LOGS folder of your server and attach it to the bug-report as well!

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-------------------------------------

Post your GAMEPLAY BUGS here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. [SEK2000]Blackhawk

Sorry to be one of the first...

Mode: Survival
    SERVER NAME: -SEK2000.net- World init 15.06.2017

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes, but crash occurred at unmodified one

Reproducibility: Sometimes (Defragsavegame seems to help some time)
    Severity: Crash

Type: Instances

Summary: Playfieldserver crashes with unknown cause.

Description: Entering CV (6 SV docked), opening blueprint console, or enter any SV....
    Steps to Reproduce:

Logs for the Devs:
    http://www.sek2000.net/diverses/2017-07-02_180728.7z

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  3. Isil`Zha

Isil`Zha Commander

FINAL UPDATE: This was fixed with 6.3.1 hotfix. Thank you!

**UPDATED INFO ON MOVING CV**
    ***UPDATE 2: Cause of CV moving issue narrowed down, see detailed section.***

SERVER NAME: Private Server, scrubbed dedicated.yaml included
    SEED-ID: 2392678

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: CV Position, SV Position and existance

Summary: One CV's position randomly moves/changes anytime the playfield it is located in is loaded. One SV's position keeps reverting to a specific one and it doesn't exist.

Description: Both these thing occurred upon launching with 6.3. Any time the playfield it is in is unloaded, one specific CV, named Cathedral in the included save, moves position and orientation, usually within a hundred meters, but one time it was nearly 1km away. UPDATE: Whenever the playfield is loaded, the specific CV is launched with random velocity and rotation. If it is left powered on with engines running it can stop itself before getting too far, but still moves. We have 2 other CVs that are unaffected. UPDATE2: A specific SV, when docked inside a CV is the cause of the problem: https://i.imgur.com/AJLvBjp.png 3 other SV designs we have do not cause the issue. Also this does not occur when this SV is docked externally.

One specific SV (Explorer, in the save game) had its position moved to a far edge of the playfield it is in, 8km away from its previous position. Upon approaching it, there is nothing there. Dropping a new SV starter and copying the files over results in creating a new ship that works. Set coordinate change on the Explorer SV and it is ignored; it will not move from the position it was forced to, and doesn't reappear.

Steps to Reproduce: Reload playfield/reload server and the CV will move; the SV is always stuck at the same position and won't appear.

Save Game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kz1fpgy7lwm6h9v/NewGame_1.zip?dl=0
    Logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6h0938n0m21wig/Logs.zip?dl=0
    dedicated.yaml: https://www.dropbox.com/s/egw89ai8q61z37l/dedicated.yaml?dl=0 (scrubbed of private info)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    Esher and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. seetruck-2000 2

SEED-ID: All

Severity: Major for me and all.

I have played several different seeds and they all do the same thing:

MOST not all , Drones when shot down WILL Fall through the ground when you approach with a SV, Bike, HV.

Very annoying to go up to a drone and it just falls through the ground.

5. Pino

Pino Lieutenant

SERVER NAME: Eleon Studios - Official EU Server
    SEED-ID: -

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes, Invader vs Defender scenario

Type: POI Regen

Summary: POI Regen timer

Description: While attacking a POI with a friend, after more than 5 minutes, we both died (last enemy of the last room of course). We respawned near, and the POI regenerated (drone base on a desert planet) and proceeded to fire. This makes getting backpacks back really hard, because you have to do it from the beginning with no stuff. It can regenerate with an SV inside, too. POI should regenerate after 5 minutes last player left the building, not after 5 minutes first player entered when there's no one inside.

Steps to Reproduce: Go in a POI with another player, wait inside more than 5 minutes, die both. Order of entering and dieing may be relevant, but I don't remember who was first to enter.

6. xephonics

xephonics Lieutenant

Mode: Creative and Survival

SEED-ID: Everywhere

Severity: Major - it makes large ship un-repairable

Type: building and repair

Summary: The max block length is supposed to be 250, but it is 238 now. It makes older ships unrepairable, as you cannot lay blocks where you used to be able to.

Description: Some time around 5.5 it started, and it is still an issue. You can no longer go 125 blocks out from the core in one direction. You cannot place blocks roughly 119 blocks. Even on ships already made, you can no longer set blocks past this limit, even if blocks exist already.

Steps to Reproduce: try to make a ship longer 238 blocks.

as you can see my example "ship" is 238 blocks long (the core is at the center):

20170702161706_1.jpg

if I try to add a block to the back, you only get a glitched block

20170702161743_1.jpg

And if you try to add blocks to the front, you get a red icon.
    20170702161714_1.jpg

7. seetruck-2000 2

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

seed currently 607734

survival

I'm mining with HV and it gets stuck in one position and no turning I have a log the has a lot of weird lines in it will be attached:

I've tried quitting, reloading, turning off RCS's and other things to get it going with no luck.

Sometimes the games turns things off when using them in game. "Weird"

Attached Files:

slyreaper and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  8. FullSized

FullSized Lieutenant

I'm Playing on the Official Server I'm sure you guys know the info for it

I picked my garden and put it in the food processor. It made 23 cans of vegetables. Withing 5 mins I picked another 43 tomatoes from another ship, pulled 28 pieces of meat out of a fridge which had most of its perish time let and put the tomatoes and mean into the food processor. Instantly the meat, tomatoes (freshly picked less than 2 mins ago) and the 23 cans of Vegetables which were in the output of the food processor (which were constructed less than 4 mins before, and all other unused vegetables in the food processor all turned to "Spoiled Food". 123 good veggies and meat all bad instantly. I tried re logging just incase and they still are Spoiled. This is game breaking if we can't reliably make food. After all anything not processed can give food poisoning right.

9. FullSized

FullSized Lieutenant

HV controls do not work in the right direction in space. Can't even go up or down. Makes it near impossible to get it docked to a CV

10. FullSized

FullSized Lieutenant

The little info box you get from hovering your mouse over an item in your inventory which shows the name in a pop up box. is STILL staying 90% of the time after moving the mouse. It stays through death and re spawn and even wen the item or any times are no longer even in your inventory. This is BEYOND annoying FIX IT

11. FullSized

FullSized Lieutenant

Most of my Pl.Charge SV are not detonating on impact. They just hover in mid air once the reach a target or terrain. Most of the time they detonate when i get within 50 meters or so but that they are not detonating anywhere near their max range. Means i have to spend a lot more ammo to take out a target. I assume nothing has been done about this bug since 6.2 so this likely is the same for all projectiles as it was then. How about fixing a real bug and not working on fertilizer plot colors and plant textures.

12. FullSized

FullSized Lieutenant

Monsters disappearing to fast not enough time to loot them

13. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

Mode: ( Survival)

SERVER NAME: (Not public)
    SEED-ID: (3308115)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: /No/

Reproducibility: (Unsure)
    Severity: (, Minor, , )

Type: (Weather )

Summary: Weather on MP, in same location, is different for different players

Description: I was playing an MP game on the local dedicated server on my PC with another person. He had clear blue skies and birds singing. I had a massive thunderstorm. I was in a basement, 8 blocks below the surface. He was in a tower, 8 blocks above the surface. I went out the basement door, and it was raining. The weather was "Storm." The other person had clear skies. I went up the tower. I also had clear skies. I went back down to the basement. It was still raining there, and the other player still had clear skies up in the tower. We were separated by a vertical distance of 16 or so blocks, but our horizontal distance was less than 10 blocks.

Steps to Reproduce:

14. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Lieutenant

Ok my 1st bug report.
    Yesterday everything was working just fine in v6.2, todays update went just fine.

I started the game (all SP) loaded in my creative game where I was working on a new base. all my BP's are there even the workshop ones. and the new ones added in this new update. Closed that game and started one of my survival games yep no problems what so ever.

Started a new game and the game crashes, then tried to start the Tutorial, again the game crashes.

Log file attached

Edit: does say cont or quit if I click on cont it show the next screen just no info in it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  15. FullSized

FullSized Lieutenant

I started 8 stacks of ingots producing in the construction q. Went offline for about 3 hrs. Now I'm back and 8 stacks of 990 and a stack of 850 are in the Output. But only about 800 are missing from the first stack in the production q. it should have used up about 1/2 of the production q to produce that many stacks in the output. Instead it used just under 1 stacks.

16. FullSized

FullSized Lieutenant

Planet Mercenary Camp

The Radar Station POI is firing on the Crashed Shuttle POI, destroying all the loot containers and droping crates which apparently disapear now in 15 mins

Pretty messed up to have the loot disappear at all but when one POI takes out another? Im assuming thats a bug.

17. FullSized

FullSized Lieutenant

I just destroyed a container in the Abaonded Factory POI. By the time i could land my ship and get to it the container disapeared. I dont know if it fell through the floor or if this is part of the new "destroy all the loot before anybody can get to it feature" but im hoping its just a bug that will be fixed

18. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator
    Staff Member

• Administrator
    @FullSized Mate if you don't mind can you please edit your messages in the future. Keeps your posts a bit more condense and not so many pages for the devs to have to deal with. Thanks and have a good flight.

19. saadow

saadow Lieutenant

Mode: (Survival)

SERVER NAME: (Unknown Skies)
    SEED-ID: (2309115)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Unable)
    Severity: (Major)

Type: (Global )

Summary:Somehow able to use a weapon mounted 15mm machine gun as a hand-weapon

Description: see above

Steps to Reproduce: I don't remember, I somehow had the guns after losing an SV a bit ago, I think I took them from a cored and blown-up SV.

upload_2017-7-3_1-21-9.png

20. FullSized

FullSized Lieutenant

Sure. NP. You mean like wait till I have several bugs and report all at once? or what? I've just been reporting them as i find them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.