Global Gameplay Bug Reports: Alpha 6.3.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

Somehow, I missed this reply. It was on Akua.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

After all the recent patches, my SV is still not showing as air-tight. The ship is in the Workshop listed as PurplePorpoisePuss-CP2.

I have looked and looked, and cannot find any leaks. I have built solid metal walls around, and it still leaks. It should not leak. Since it cannot be made air tight, the passenger functions are much less useful off-planet.

This is from my prior report: http://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-experimental-6-3-x.12030/page-2#post-141733

Mode: (Creative, Survival) BOTH
    Location: (Singleplayer and Dedicated Server tested, but presumably everywhere)

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: (All - Tested on 0 and others)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: /No/()

Reproducibility: (Always, , )
    Severity: (, Minor++, , )

Type: (Small Vessel Air-Tight )

Summary: The inside of the SV is solid and should be air-tight, but it is not

Description: The passenger section of the SV is solid. I have checked the air-tight blocks, and they appear good. I have added blocks, and done a lot of testing. I cannot get the passenger section to admit to being airtight. Passengers have to wear an EVA armor boost, or they die! It seems like the game is not properly determining air-tightness under whatever specific conditions this ship has. The ship is in the Workshop listed as PurplePorpoisePuss-CP2.

Steps to Reproduce: Try to fly to space as a passenger in the PPPP2 (Pickled Purple Porpoise Puss 2). Watch yourself freeze and die.

Attached Files:

3. JuStX2

JuStX2 Commander

Not Going to Search through 6 Pages of Comments so If this is already reported my apologies.

Description of Problem: Playfield_server stays open after closing the dedicated server control panel.
    Expected Result: Playfield Server closes with the closing of the Dedicated Server Program.
    Reproducability: Always
    Consequences: Because the Playfield server stays open the game is still technically running there for further attempts to restart the server program result in failure and until closing the playfield server with task manager even redownloading/reinstalling the server will result in a DISK_WRITE_ERROR from steam - because again the server is running when windows tries to delete it.

4. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Commander

It's because you still haven't made it airtight. I just looked at your blueprint and there are quite a few things wrong with it.

Fuel tanks aren't airtight. Remove them from the floor and replace with something airtight, like blocks.
    RCS's aren't airtight either. Remove them from the floor and behind your armor lockers and behind the o2 stations, place blocks in their place.
    After making those changes it will be sealed and have proper oxygen and temp control.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  5. FullSized

FullSized Lieutenant

Official Server

So I docked my SV in my CV and turned the power off with "Y". Apparently it shut off power to my CV as well. Now my 100 plot garden is dead. Thx. This has happen before now and then but this is the first time I didn't catch it immediately and lost my crops. Still HUGE BUG! Imagine docking an SV into a hovering CV and have this happen. Even if you noticed as soon as you got out of your cv its already falling to the ground and you are tumbling around inside it. How about even having an option to LOCK the power on. Most of my stations and CV I literally NEVER want them turned off. Yes sad if I ran out of fuel but at the very least we should have option to lock the power on.

Also hot key commands some times bleed through the chat window. More than once I've said something in chat and it took my helmet off. Upon reviewing what I just posted in chat there was a "U" in it which is the hot key for taking off the helmet.

Gary Parkin and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. Guru

Guru Commander

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: 24/7 EAG Server
    SEED-ID: N/A

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor
    Type: Global

Summary: Multiple issues with Godmode since 6.0

Description: Since 6.0 was released, they same few issues with godmode have consistently been an issue.
    1) While in godmode invisible your body is invisible but your name pops in and out of view for players as you move around
    2) While in godmode invisible drones can still see you and shoot at you even though other AI and turrets will not
    3) While in godmode (either form of it) you will not take damage, but your armor still loses durability as if it took damage

How to reproduce: Enter godmode invisible and do the above. For the name showing issue, you need 2 or more people of course

7. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Please add the blueprint (the .epb file in your blueprint folder ) OR the download link. Thx!

8. ckulp99

ckulp99 Ensign

Mode: Survival
    SERVER NAME: Shattered Galaxy
    SEED-ID: 2309115
    If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Crash

Type: Playfield data

Summary:
    Crash report logged server side and playfields will lose all structures but all placeables (autominers h2 gens etc) remain

Description:
    Randomly we will get a crash folder with an access violation error which results in one or more playfields losing all structures. The EAH tool will still see these structures however.

Steps to Reproduce: n/a

9. Repier

Repier Commander

Mode: Creative

SERVER NAME: NA
    SEED-ID: NA

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No
    Severity: Minor

Type: Door Airtight ability

Summary: When upgrading a non airtight glass door to an armored door through the multitool, the door keeps its non airtight status.

Description:
    See summary

Steps to Reproduce:

See summary

10. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

Bug that made me almost pull my hair out:

I have been playing with the Trader Config file, but have been running in to problems with "StomachPills". Low and behold, that is not in the localization file, but it's in the Trader config. I don't know what this means in game, but there's not localization for it, so how is it even working?

11. Repier

Repier Commander

Mode: Creative

SERVER NAME: NA
    SEED-ID: NA

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No
    Severity: Trivial

Type: Signal Logic

Summary: Combined shutter doors don't count as one from a signal logic perspective

Description:
    When you place 2 shutter doors next to another, they work as one. If you assign a "Tx Signal" (an output signal) to one of the door so when you open it, it can be used to trigger something else.
    If you don't open the part of the door which has the tx signal setup, the signal won't be send although the door opens because it is link to the other. So it does matter where you "click" on the 2 parts door to trigger the signal although it doesn't when it's to open it. So to be clear the 2 part door does not count as one from a signal logic point of view.

There's obviously a workaround to fix this. Place a Tx signal on each door and use a circuit OR. That's why it's no big deal.

Steps to Reproduce:

See description

12. Supercrab

Supercrab Lieutenant

I found this bug where all the thrusters and RCS turn off randomly, i started my small vessel but it did not move, i checked the control pannel and the thrusters and RCS were all offf, this happened 5 times more, one time in the middle of a flight.

13. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Can you attach a blueprint of a vessel where this happens alot ?

14. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

Attached Files:

15. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Commander

16. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

I saw this, but haven't had a chance to look into it yet. I'm not (yet) convinced this is the issue, since everything sealed up fine until I put in the new cockpit (v1 does not have this issue). Also, I ran new blocks all around the wall, removed the passenger seats, and blocked off the entire front section. It still leaked. But, I will check this out, probably later today. Thank you for the feedback! I will post my results.

17. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Known bug that also occasionally affects me. It's driven me nuts trying to figure out how to Reproduce it... all efforts to figure it out have failed thus far... so naturally everyone on here thinks i'm nuts & have taken leave of my senses & treats me like i'm Hallucinating it or something when I try to Report it. >_<

See? Others are affected by it too, will ya'all please quit acting like I ate Hallucinogenic Mushrooms before making that Report or something? I can't even STAND eating Mushrooms themselves! :p

Repier likes this.
  18. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Is everything in the Devices in groups or ungrouped ?

19. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Commander

I'm not the one that you asked, but it happens in ungrouped, auto grouped, or custom groups. Doesn't matter.
    It happens in both SP and MP but I can't find specific steps to reproduce.

It happens with all types of vessels and affects hover engines as well as thrusters and rcs's.

20. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

Update: I removed four RCS units. One behind the armor locker, and one beside the air tank, on each side. I replaced them with solid steel blocks. Then it sealed up. I'm not sure why I didn't have this issue in v1. Thanks to Krazzykid2006 for pointing them out. I would never have found them myself.

It would be nice if there was some way to see where the air was leaking, like maybe purple diamonds squirting out somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.